chapter-43

Ananya sat beside her friend during lunch. Her friend was blabbering but Ananya wasn't paying any heed to it. She was present there absent mindedly.

Her friend asked her what's the problem. Ananya explained her conservation with her uncle to her friend Kavya.

Kavya replied, " So, you're telling your uncle is interested in getting to married to someone. Most likely, to Niha's brother Varun."

Ananya nodded her head. Kavya asked her," It's your life and your wish. Why are you so much bothering about your uncle? He isn't even your mom or dad."

" He is more than them. He took care of me like his own kid. He always wanted a daughter but didn't had one. So, he was over protective towards me," Ananya explained.

" So, you are telling that if he had a daughter, he will be very protective towards her."

" Very much."

" What about Arjun then?"

" What about Arjun?", Ananya repeated the same line.

" Don't repeat my lines. It is clear that he likes you. Do you? Extra condition is that if your uncle agrees."

" May be. Let's leave this topic and complete our lunch."

Kavya smiled in return and sent the whole conversation as message to Arjun.

*****

Arjun was having lunch with Niha. His phone was on the table. Suddenly, his phone popped up. Niha bent her head to see it.

Arjun grabbed his phone from table and hid it from Niha.

" Having secrets? Don't worry. I won't peep. I ain't dying to know about them," Niha replied folding her hands.

" Yes, you shouldn't know. It's secret," Arjun said.

" So, you're having secrets. I don't mind," Niha replied casually.

" Not more than you, Niha," Arjun countered.

" What do you mean, Arjun?"

" What I told is right, Niha. Because I am the one who shared everything with you. But, you won't share anything with me. I feel like I am forcing my personal on you."

" What the hell Arjun? Who told you that?"Niha asked feeling unbelievable.

" No one. Is it true if I say someone told me that?", Arjun questioned Niha.

Niha sat there numb.

" Tell me damn it. Why were you silent? One minute back you were blabbering what happened now. Answer me Niha."

" Arjun I will tell ok. I know you share everything with me. About me, it's..difficult...to..say. Promise me you will hear everything from me. Then only you should question me back."

Arjun nodded his head in response.

" I can't sleep a single day properly without having a nightmare. Something happened in the past made me like that. You know what these days there is no such thing. I can sleep peacefully as much time as I want. Finding it funny right," Niha said laughing.

" I didn't tell you such. Stop distracting the topic and tell me Niha."

" It's because of Jai. If he is present with me, I won't face those nightmares. I can be normal like others. But it may or maynot end in few months."

" What does that mean?"

" My marriage is only for an year. So, I don't know how long it exists."