chapter-22

Niha was admiring the couple infront of her. Then she noticed she hadn't seen where her husband was. Her eyes were searching for him. But, he was not there.

Sanjay left Shiv when he got a call. It was from Vinodh. Sanjay lifted the call.
" Hello, Vinodh. Have you got the information I asked for?"

" I am searching, Sanjay. But, there was no clue left behind. It happened many years ago. It's been 10 years.There was no one left who could atleast tell what happened. It was cleared well."

"Look, Vinodh. I know it's difficult to trace what happened then. From the reports, we see that she met with an accident. That's it. There was no further information about the incident. Do you think it's normal? I think there is much more."

" Why can't you just ask Niha or Varun about the incident? It will be easy for us to find."

" Do you think that they will just answer when I ask them what happened then? No, it won't happen. I already said harsh words to her. If I asked her, she won't tell me. In return, she would mock me. I think, I should ask Varun. But, you try your level best."

" Ok. I will call you when I get any information about it ."

" Keep it a secret. No one should know about it mainly Karthik. I think you can deal this matter well."
Sanjay knew that Vinodh was best in tracing people and gathering information about them. So, he asked Vinodh to find the details.

Sanjay ended the call and went inside the mall. He went to the counter where Niha saw white dress. He knew she liked it. When she came out from the trail room, he couldn't take his eyes away from her. He was becoming frustrated at his thoughts. So, he snapped at her.

Niha's eyes held hurt for a movement. But, she immediately covered it. He wanted to take his words back but he is man of ego. He brought the dress and hid it in his car.

Later, he went towards them.His eyes met with Niha's eyes as she was searching for him. Small smile crept on his face when he found Niha was searching for him. Niha diverted her eyes towards  Shiv and Vandana.

" Am I missing something?" Suddenly, Sanjay interrupted their conversation with a smirk on his face.

" Nothing much," Shiv elbowed Sanjay and asked him,
" Where were you?"

" Just went to answer a call," Sanjay replied.
" Oh," Shiv replied.
" Is their shopping not over yet?", Sanjay questioned Shiv when he found Vandana and Niha missing from their spots.

" No, I don't think so."
" They don't even buy much. Why will they spend much time then? I can't understand, " Sanjay shrugged his shoulders.

" You're lucky, dude. Your wife already completed her selection," Shiv said when he saw Niha standing beside Vandana leisurely.

Sanjay face immediately turned irritated. He didn't reply to Shiv and left his side and went towards Vandana.

Niha was questioning Vandana does her selection not over yet.
" It's over. Will you get any better chance to make your husband wait for you?" Vandana winked.

" You wanted to make Shiv wait, why so?"
" He hates waiting. So, I want to let his patience go."
" You are evil, Vandana. For now, let's leave. Look at Sanjay. He is ready to kill me at any movement. Look, He is coming towards us."

" Come, let's go. How much time will you need?" Sanjay questioned Niha.
" It's over. Let's go," Vandana replied and dragged Niha.

They went to billing counter. Niha handed her card to settle the bill for her dress.
" Wow Sanjay. You already gave your wife credit card. Impressive," Shiv praised Sanjay.