chapter-41

All of them, seated in the chairs around dining table. Ananya was playing with her food. Viraj started looking at her.

" Eat properly. How many times I have to tell you? By the way, I want to tell you I had a person in my mind who is perfect for you. What you say?" Viraj asked eyeing Varun.

All were looking at Viraj as if he had grown horns. Ananya choke on the food she had in her mouth.

" Why? Do you have someone in your mind? If yes, I think he doesn't have interest in his life", Viraj asked questioning.

Niha now got interested in the conversation as she wanted to know whether Ananya is interested in Arjun or not. She was feeling why Viraj was looking at Varun like that.

"  You're not doing anything. I don't have anyone in specific. I am just twenty seven. I told you many times I will marry only after thirty," Ananya said.

" By that time, your aunt already have two sons Anu," Viraj said.

There was silence followed by Viraj's statement. Viraj realised what he told. He stood up and left the place.

Niha was having confused expression on her face. She wasn't understanding what Viraj had said. He said he is having two sons. Who can the other be?

Krishna said the remaining people to have their lunch and he left to talk to Viraj.

After dinner, Moukti left after telling good bye to Niha and Ananya. Moukti didn't forget to glare at Sanjay. Karthik took her with him to drop her.

On the way, Moukti questioned Karthik, " Do you have a brother, Karthik?"

Karthik's face turned gloomy hearing her question. Noticing this, Moukti said, " You no need answer me if you're inconvenient."

" No, I will tell you Moukti. Today or tomorrow you will be knowing it. So why not today."

Moukti placed her hand on his assuring him she will be there for him no matter what and asked him to proceed.

" My mom and dad are divorced when my brother was one year old. Not actually divorced, she left him taking my brother along with her leaving me with my father."

" Are you angry at your mother then?"

" No, why will I be? She is my mom. She doesn't want to stay with dad. So, she left. We're are two. One has to be left behind. So, it was me who stayed with my dad."

" What happened between uncle and aunty?"Moukti questioned.

"It's actually my father's ego that drifted them apart. If he had stopped mom from leaving us, may be she would have stayed with us. When she was leaving, she looked at my father many times whether he wanted her to leave. But, he didn't stop her."

" May be that situation didn't let him, Karthik. "

" What situation Moukti? If he stopped her, we would be happily living all together. He won't be grieving at his wife's departure in his room."

" Have you tried to look after her?"

" I tried. But I couldn't find her nor my brother."

" Did uncle tried to find her?"

" If he tried, I would be having my mom with me. Don't you think so?"

" May be she will come looking for you?"

" I think she forgot she had a son," Karthik said sadly.

" There might be some other reason, Karthik."