chapter-53

Niha was in her thoughts when Varun walked inside. She looked at him and said, " Brother. What are you doing here? Look at him. See what he is telling."

" Do what he told you, Niha?", Varun replied.

Niha was looking at Varun and Viraj and trying to understand what they are upto.

" What..what are..you..telling Varun? I can't understand."

" Don't act too innocent Niha. I thought my sister is too young but you proved me wrong. You can take your own decisions.

You don't think about others. You will do what you want. You don't care for other's feeling," Varun shouted.

Niha stood there numb. She is feeling suffocated. She wanted to ask what she did. No words are coming out.

Varun walked towards her and held her hands and said, " Am I not a good brother for you Niha?"

Niha looked at him. His eyes were blood shot.

Niha said, " Why are you talking like that? Why will I think like that Varun. You are the best brother for me."

" Those are just words, Niha. If you think of me, you would have told me the reason behind your marriage. Or you would have told me what you're doing at the hospital."

Then it hit to Niha that Varun got to know what is she upto.

" How..do..you..know?", Niha released her hands from Varun's hold and turned towards Viraj.

Niha asked Viraj," Why did you tell him?"

Varun said, " Look what you're doing now, Niha. What's your problem? Why do you don't want me to know?"

" It's nothing, Varun. Nothing important. Sanjay too don't know."

" So you are telling that your deal husband and me are same."

" He is my husband, Varun. You can't call him like that."

" Enough Niha. You're calling him your husband. The person who doesn't even care for your feelings. Have you forgotten what he did?"

" This is not the matter we are talking about. Keep it aside," Niha said.

" It's the main matter,Niha. He never respected you. What did he do to you? Don't make me cross the line, Niha."

Niha became silent listening to his words.

" Why can't you listen to Varun, Niha?", Viraj interrupted them.

Niha glared at Viraj. Varun noticed it and said, " What does that look mean, Niha? When do you started behaving with elders like that?"

" What should I do? Should I praise him for blaming me for the mistake I never did?

I stood in the hospital as the convict with so many people giving disgusting looks to me for the mistake I never did.

I can never be ok with it, Varun. How many times you say it won't change anything?"

" It happened before I knew you were my daughter," Viraj said.

" What's the difference? So you're telling me it will be ok for you if I ain't your daughter.

Just because you came to know that I am your daughter, you wanted to correct things. Sorry, you're not correcting things. You're just ordering me to be as you want.

It's not going to happen. You were never my father and never will be. I don't even like to be infront of you. Can I leave now?"

" Niha, you're not going anywhere. You will stay here until I tell you. As your brother, it's my order."