lindsey way- first date

this is biased on that one blink song. its short but idc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in the car and just can't wait to pick up Lindsey for our very first date. As I pull up to her house I nervously drum my fingers on the steering wheel.

She gets in and I hand her a rose that I stole from my neighbors garden. She thanked me and we rode in silence until we get to the party frank ieros throwing.

As walk to the house I ask "is it cool if I hold your hand?" She nods and we walk through the door hand in hand.

The party's in full swing, people drinking like it's the end of the world and making fools of themselves while dancing to the song that's playing.

We talk to mutual friends for a while until one of them pushes us out into the middle of the "dance floor". We decide fuck it and start acting like idiots, and when pete joins we copy whatever the fuck he's doing.

We walk off to get a drink laughing and tired. "Is it wrong that I think it's lame to dance?"

"That was so lame, but it was funny as shit."

I run a hand through my hair that I took forever trying to get right, thinking how weird it must look. She gets us some drinks and I borrow a hair tie from Nicole.

"Do you like my stupid hair?" I ask when Lindsey turns around. She bursts out laughing at how I tied my hair so it goes straight up.

"I love it."

It's so fucking hot in here that I chugg my drink. And watch Lindsey talk to one of her friends while I talk to one of mine.

"Would you guess that I didn't know what to wear?"

"Yeah because you're an idiot who thinks wearing a jacket and a long sleeve tee is a great idea in the middle of august. "

"Fuck off dude I'm on a date with Lindsey fucking Ballato. I had to step up my game."

"So you weren't trying to impress me?"

"Shut up. I'm so scared of what she thinks. I was so nervous about it that I couldn't eat.

After a while Lindsey pulls me aside. "Let's go." She whispers. We say bye and head out.

We get into my car and try to find something to do. There's this place under a bridge where we normally hang out so we head there. I get to a red light and stop.

"Don't wait dumbass, there's no one out here and this light doesn't have a camera!" She yells.

I blow the light and glance at the time. Goddamnit, 11:00. This nights almost over. I wish we could make this night last forever.

We pull onto the side of the road and go under the bridge. There's some shitty couches and chairs along with makeshift walls to keep out water if it starts to rain. She practically beams at me and I'm melting inside. Actually. She could have any guy or girl at the school, why would she pick me? I'm sure as hell not worth her time.

We hung out for a while, just the two of us until a bunch of people who got bored at frank's party I guess join us. She starts talking to other people we know as I mess around on my phone.

"I really wish it was only me and you." I type into my phone. I hear hers go off and she checks it. And rolls her eyes at me. She walks over and we take a walk.

"You could've just told me you wanted it to just be the two of us ya know?"

"Where's the fun in that? Besides, I was jealous of everybody in the room."

She tries to hold back a laugh. "Aw don't look at me like that."

"Like what? I don't know what you mean." she says with a shit eating grin.

"Liar."

God she looks so pretty. I wanna kiss her but i'll probably fuck it up. As if she read my thoughts she leans in closer. I lean down a little and whisper right before i meet her lips "this okay?"

"Hell yeah."

That's all i need. I try to kiss her but a car honks as it drives past and scares us both, so I end up missing.

"Goddamnit."

"Don't worry. You can have another try on our second date."

"Can i- wait you wanna go on a second date?"

"Of course I do. Lets go, i wanna get something to eat."

I know we both have to go home soon but I don't want this to be over. After we grab some ice cream i drive her home.

"I had a good time tonight. I'll text you later?" she says as she gets out."

"Don't i get another chance?" I ask, referencing to the botched kiss.

"Next date." she blows a kiss at me and walks off. Damn it. Well there's always next time.