Lindsey Way - Hair Dye And Prizes

I've had a lot of time to write bc i had a bad fall on my skateboard so I've been trapped in the house for the last couple of days, so i should have a particularly long chapter within the week or so!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ok sweetheart, but do you really think this is the best idea?"

Lindsey looks at me, hair bleach in her hand with the plastic gloves already on with a raised eyebrow and a smirk.

"If you fuck up my hair I swear to god. I will end you."

"No you won't." She sets to work and puts the bleach in. I'm like 98% sure there's some part of hell where they make you sit with bleach in your hair for eternity, for people who sucked but weren't like... evil. Like people who say shit like blue lives matter but aren't super blatantly bigoted otherwise. (side note: ACAB)

Anyway, we watch some episodes of the twilight zone until it's time to wash it out. Now it's time for the color. I'm letting her do whatever she wants and I'm kinda regretting it

I close my eyes and listen to the podcast she put on while she works her magic. I'm not allowed to see it until it's done so she even went as far as to cover my bathroom mirror.

"Ok now it's time to wait, wanna watch the good place?"

"Fuck yeah."

We hang out and watch the shot for a little until Lindsey's phone goes off, alerting us we can wash it out. She rinses my hair in the sinks and then blow dries it.

"Holy shit."

She smiles proudly.

"You turned me into a fucking e-girl!"

"Hell yeah I did!"

I leaned closer to the mirror to inspect the black hair, which starkly contrasted the blonde the rest of it was dyed.

"I look like an idiot!"

"I think it's hot."

"If you like it." I roll my eyes and fix my hair so it's how I normally have it.

"Ready to go?"

"Where?"

"Oh you forgot?" she says with a half smile on her face. "Well then I guess it's a surprise. Race you to the car." she bolts out and grabs her purse from the table, and then she's out the front door.

"No fair!" I shove my wallet, keys, and phone into my jean pockets and follow her out. "You have that and I'm stuck with just my pockets!" I catch up with her at the top of the second step of the stairs. Why do I have to live on the third floor of a complex? "This is toxic masculinity."

"That is not what that is."

"Well it's not fair!"

"Literary no one is stopping you from getting a purse if you're not a little bitch about it."

"Yeah but i will forget it somewhere all the time. I'm not forgetting stuff, not unless I somehow forget my pants."

"I love you, but I could totally see you doing that."

"I'm hurt."

"Give me the keys you big baby, you don't even know where we're going."

"Fine." I handed them to her and got into the passenger's seat. While she starts driving I connect my phone to the car and try to find a song to listen to. I end up just hitting shuffle on my playlist and we listen to everything from Never Bloom Again to Mistakes Like Fractures.

"Oh hell yes." It's a carnival, there's shitty rides that could probably kill you, food that is definitely breaking various health codes, and tons of rigged games. I haven't been to one of these since i was a kid.

She just laughs and leads the way.

After we get some ride tickets and ride some random things, hoping we don't die or something, we decide to play a few games. I notices her playing that game where you have to knock down those fuckin clowns and glancing at this one prize. She doesn't win and I suggest she grabs us some food while I go to the bathroom. After she goes off i turn back to the booth and give the person some money. I fail the first time, and the second, third, fourth, and so on. Wow i suck at this.

"Y/N! I've been looking for you everywhere fuckhead!" Lindsey yells about 20 minutes later.

"Hold on hold on!" I called back. One more clown to go. Fucker. Of course I miss it. "Hey baby."

"Babe, please, you've been here for like twenty minutes. We can get it online."

"But it's not the same!" i say as i take aim. I got so close that I should just win at this point.

"I agree with her man, I'm supposed to have you keep going but this got sad about 150 dollars ago." The person working the booth says.

"is it a crime to want to win my girl a stuffed animal?"

Lindsey rolls her eyes.

"Ok, one more try and then i'm done."

"Fine."

I actually hit two out of the three, and on the third one I'm so invested in this my veins are literally pumping with adrenaline.

And I hit it.

"Fuck yes!" I yell at the top of my lungs. Everyone around me quiets down and looks at me but I don't care. The person working the booth hands me the stuffed animal and I hold it with one hand over my head and kiss Lindsey, well try to. She's laughing too hard to actually kiss back. I get on one knee and present the stuffed animal to her like how they give people swords in like, video games.

"Here you go, fair lady."

She grabs it and helps me back to my feet. "Dumbass." she says affectionately. "Lets go before you blow our rent on another stuffed animal."