Party Poison - Bolt

i really might start just post a bunch of unfinished WIPs and say they're "cliffhangers" just so i can get stuff posted

also please give me requests and make them as specific as you want I've been incapable of writing anything short and doesn't take forever to write lately

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come here puppy." I say to the small dog. It looks so underfed. I hold out a can lid with Power Pup and it slowly comes closer. I gently set it on the ground and back up a few feet, letting the dog eat. He looks kinda like that dog from a movie i saw when i was a kid, what was the name? Oh, Bolt!

I sit on the ground and let the dog finish. As it does it comes closer to me. I'm prepared to let it do its thing until it's comfortable but the dog climbs into my lap and starts sniffing my face and neck. My first couple days in the desert and I have a friend.

"Hi baby, oh who's a sweetheart? Who's a good...'' I picked the dog up. "Boy? Who's a good boy? You're a good boy aren't you. You wanna come with me? I'll feed you and stuff." the dog just wags his tail. I hold the dog with one arm and keep making my way through the building. I think it's safe to spend the night but you can't be too careful.

When I'm satisfied it's safe I lay down on the floor, using my jacket as a pillow. The dog curls up on my stomach. I gotta keep him warm, it's getting freezing. I carefully lay my jacket out and pick him up. He whines due to being moved but I wrap him up and pull the bundle loose to my chest and use my arm as a pillow.

The next morning I woke up to the dog licking my face. "I'm up, I'm up!" The dog watches me try to wipe my face off and get us food. I'm not really hungry and he's pretty small so i split a can of power pup for the two of us.

"We let roll. I got a better place where we can stay."

--------------------------------------------

At this point I've had the dog for a few months. He's basically my group. I've heard that most killjoys have groups and that some are a hell of a lot better than others. The best of the best's called The Fabulous Four. I don't really get out enough to meet other people though. I decided to name him Bolt because how he reminded me of the dog in the movie. He's a good dog, and he's gotten a lot bigger.

"Hey bolts-i! Wanna go for a walk?"

He starts wagging his tail and jumping around like we don't spend a majority of our day walking. I've gotta go get some supplies from Tommy Chow Mein. On the way he sniffs everything. It would be cuter if it didn't add an extra half hour on the walk there. When we get there I have him to wait outside because Tommy doesn't let dogs in his place. He sits by the door and gives me the puppy eyes like he's begging to be let in. Of course I feel guilty but I can't let him in.

"Hey Tommy." I wave at him when I walk in. We aren't friends but I make it a point to be nice to him. Anything to get as cheap as a price as I can. I grab as much food and water bottles as I can and walk to the front. Four guys are arguing over whether or not they should get something.

"I have paying customers! Get out of the way!''Tommy snaps at them. They all turn to look at me.

The redhead takes something out of the guy with tattoos and puts it on a shelf. It's a box of high quality colored pencils with a slightly disappointed look in his face. You don't see that kinda thing a lot. They pay and go, letting me put my stuff on the counter.

"How much for the colored pencils?"

He tells me and fuck that's expensive. But I also have just enough for it. I quickly shove the other stuff in my bag and try to catch the group before they can go. Two of them are sitting on the ground with a Bolt, who's loving the attention, and the other two are filling up their car with gas. I go up to the red haired guy and hold out the box.