Otto Wood - starbucks

This was originally with Brendon Urie, but just in light of everything I wasn't comfortable having this up unless I changed it, hope you guys are staying safe!
----------

My parents are making me go to this fucking boarding school to "straighten out my act." Yeah, as a guy who's gayer than satan himself, good luck. I got in on a scholarship with a full ride and my parents thought "we don't seem to hate our son enough." So a few days before I left they told me and I had to scramble to say goodbye to everyone and pack. Frank, one of my friends since 6th grade, had the same thing happen to him. This is why you don't let your friends parents be friends with your parents.

Just as I finished putting up my last band poster on the wall my new roommate walked in. I go to introduce myself but he's looking at the wall behind me, horrified.

"What's up? I'm Y/N."

He doesn't respond.

"Yo, earth to whatever you name is?"

He seems to snap out of it. "Why the fuck are those up?"

"You put those up." I gesture to his posters for movies I've never seen on his side of the room.

"Yeah but those are good."

"Well you're gonna have to get used to it cause I listen to music all the time. I got a sweet record player that has awesome speakers." I don't tell him I'm gonna mostly use ear buds. I might be annoying but I'm not a total dick.

"Can't believe I'm stuck with you."

"Likewise."

I start putting clothes away.

"Do you own anything that isn't black or red?"

"Not a thing."

He starts unpacking too. The only thing he'd done was put the posters up so far.

When I finish my side has posters plastering where my vinyls aren't, a few jackets hanging on the wall, black sheets and a black and white blanket. On my desk there's my laptop, notebooks, pens, and in the corner my bed isn't in is my bass. His side of the room has a few movie posters, a bookshelf filled with books, and a bunch of school supplies on his desk.

It was as different as day and night.

------------

"Y/N, what's with your roommate?" Frank gestures to his side of the room.

"Fuck if I know. He's boring. What do you wanna listen to?" I gesture to the vinyls on my dresser.

"Hot fuss obviously." He gets it and pulls the record out of the sleeve.

"That's Side b flip it or I'll kick you out."

"Why does it matter?" He flips it.

"Because I gotta listen to it in order or it'll throw me off for months."

"Turn that shit off!" My roommate drops his bag by his book shelf and lays on his bed face down.

"My parents are more fun to be around than him. I'm gonna go back to my room before I punch him. Catch you later Y/N." Frank leaves.

"Turn it the hell off!"

"Damn, asshole. I'm turning it off." I put the record away and sit on my bed, "What's your problem?"

"Dealing with stupid fucking people all day, and then I gotta go home to the room I share with another one."

"I ain't that stupid. Plus I'm down to fight and bored, so just give me a name, man."