Ray Toro - Comic books

Happy birthday to the only guitarist ever, and also the only member of mcr,
ray toro!!!!!!

------------------------------

"Hey uh... im really sorry to bother you but do you know if you guys have watchmen? My friends been trying to get me to read it and i'm trying to get him off my back." i say to the guy sitting behind the counter of the comic book store.

"Yeah! I think we got a copy. Come on." he leads me to a shelf in the back of the store and pulls out the book and hands it to me. "Right here. And your friends been trying to get you to read it for a good reason, It's good."

"So maybe i should listen to him more?"

"If he's got other suggestions like this? Hell yeah."

We walk back to the counter and I pay for the book. He gives me a dazzling smile and I decide then and there that I am getting into comic books.

-----------------------------------------

"Hey Ray!"

"Oh not you again." he laughs. "What're you looking for today?"

"That's a great question. I finished the one you recommended."

"So you looking for a new rec?"

"Sure am!"

"I'm busy, I think you gotta find something for yourself." he says, playing on his phone.

"God you're so mean to me." i lean on the counter and watch him for a minute. The way he chuckles at whatever hes looking at, the way he bites his lip, the way he- fuck hes looking back at me. "Wanna help me find something yet?" i try to cover up for me staring at him.

"I told you, I'm busy."

"You're looking at unfunny memes on instagram."

"You spent twenty minutes cry laughing over a video of a kermit puppet last week."

"You simply don't get what real comedy is."

"It was a 15 second long video of kermit saying," he adds airquotes, "im so high right now i can fucking meet god."

"It was funny, okay."

"Ok i got a question."

"Shoot."

"You say you know nothing about comics yet you're in here at least twice a week. And I think you know even less than before! Why are you always here?"

"I dunno. Not like i have anything else to do and i think my friend at the record store is getting bored of me."

"And I'm not?"

"You haven't kicked me out yet."

"Do you want me to?"

"You couldn't if you tried motherfucker." I lean onto my elbows and look up at him.

"Get off the counter someone needs to fuckin buy something."

I look behind me and move out of the way to a stool behind the counter i claimed for when i come and Ray gets busy with customers. Maybe i just came by because i thought he was hot before but hes actually really fuckin fun to be around. He's definitely kinda shy but he sure as hell has a quick wit. I watch as he rings up a girl with dark brown hair and a sick pair of sunglasses. After she leaves Ray says, "ok fine, what do you feel like reading?"

"I donno."

He rolls his eyes and goes back to his phone. I watch him again for a second before wandering around the store.

"Ray my man!" I peak around a shelf and see a guy with black hair and a black hoodie walk in.

"Hey Gerard. What's up?"

"You got a date for your birthday party tonight? I need to know if I need to invite Angie or not."

"Oh uhh.. yeah I do. I'm taking Y/N, right?" He looks at me with a pleading expression.

"Sure is. I can't wait."

"Oh look at you toro." Gerard winks at him. "Also I'm here to pick up the thing Mikey had on hold."

Ray helps him and them when Gerard leaves I walk back over to the counter. "Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday!" I exclaim. He shrugs.

"Hold on, I gotta go get you a present."

"Coming to the party with me is more than enough. Gerards been trying to set me up with people and I can not do it anymore." He laughs.

"Bro, hold on." I grab a pen and scribble my number on his hand. "Ok, text me the details, u gotta go get you something."

"You really don't have to." He calls after me.

"And yet here I go!" I call back.

--------------------

"Wow ray, your friends know how to party huh?" I ask as I walk into the mostly quiet house.

"Everyone's outside. Gerard has a sick pool, aka why I told you to bring a bathing suit."

I put the gift on the table and follow him outside.

"Hey guys! This is Y/N." He calls out.

"That's his date!" Gerard corrects.

Ray flips him off and I drop my backpack and pull off my shirt.

"Canon ball!" I yell and jump in right next to gerard.

"Hey!"

I ignore him as I watch ray dive in and come back up on the other side of the pool. I get to know his friends a bit. Gerard and Mikey, who're brothers, and then frank. There's a few other people but I don't really get the chance to talk to them.

"Hey Y/N, pizza good?" Ray asks.

"Hell yeah."

"Sweet. It should be here in like half an hour."

We mess around in the pool until the pizza gets here and then we all start to dry off while we eat.

"Ok so then I'm standing there in like... awe at this giant guy who just punched someone, thinking I'm about to get knocked out next, and then he fuckin asks me if I'm okay."

"Well I wasn't gonna do nothing, frank! Figured a little guy like you could use some help." Ray says.

"Dick."

After we all get changed Some people start leaving, so now it's just me, Ray, Gerard, and Mikey.

"I think I'm gonna head out, I'll see you guys." I say, standing up.

"I'll walk you out." Ray stands up too. Gerard and Mikey look at each other and start snickering in that way you really can only do with a sibling.

"Thanks for coming. I really appreciate you getting me out of that." He says when we get outside.

"Thanks for letting me come. And happy birthday ray."

We both just stare at each other for a second. I'm not sure who leans in first but I see fireworks with our lips meet.

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask as I pull away.

"Hell yeah you will."