Gerard Way - The Adventures of Bat Boy and Sunshine

"Haven't you ever wanted to be a hero? Save some people?" I ask, flopping down on his bed next to my best friend and possible crush, Gerard Way.

"I mean... yeah. But probably not in the same way you're thinking about it." He turns his head to look at me.

"Yeah you're all noble and shit. I wanna punch a bad guy in the face."

Gerard laughs, scrunching his nose up in that cute way he does. "I'd love to see you try to punch someone in the face, with your clumsy ass?"

Oh if only he knew. I'm known around here as a little thing called Dracula. I fight crime and protect my City. I like it, it's well... I get hurt a lot, nearly die on a regular basis and I'm definitely not gonna make it to 30. Maybe not the best but it's a thing. I mean I'm not really sure why I have powers, just one day I woke up and boom. I can turn into a bat, I heal crazy fast, and I have echolocation. pretty cool huh? I was gonna call myself Draculaura because monster high rocks but the press beat me to getting a name out, so now I'm Dracula. I can still eat garlic bread though.

"Oh shut up. I gotta head out, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"See you!"

I grab my bag and walk out his front door. Now first order of business, finding somewhere to change and stash my bag. It sucks having to hide my secret identity from my best friend but what am I supposed to do. I go down an alley and pull off my outfit, revealing my costume I have hidden underneath. I hide my shit the best I can and hope it's still there when I get back.

I kinda just do my rounds, a route I normally take, but something telling me to swing back by Gerard place. I hear a gunshot coming from a corner store at the end of his street. Me and Gerard go there a lot, and I know the owners. They're awfully nice and there's no way I'm letting anything happen to them. I land in front of it and push the door open.

"Dracula!"

"Don't you take another step bat boy!" the man says pointing his gun at.. fucking Mikey! Goddamn it! What the fuck is he doing here?

"Now how about you put the gun down. We work something out? I don't know you but you gotta be a reasonable man. Let the kid go."

He looks at the person at the cash register. "Give me all the money you got or the kid gets a bullet in his brain."

While he's distracted I gesture for Mikey to dive out of the way and go bat. I love doing that because you know how hard it is to shoot a bat that's flying at your face? And people freak out, like all common sense goes out the window. All they want to do is keep me as far from them as possible. He drops the gun and I grab onto it. I drop it on the top of a shelf, going back to a person up there. Sometimes I wish I didn't have to wear a mask because I want that guy to know I'm laughing at him.

"Hey fucko! Are you done yet?"

I see a glint of metal in his hand and jump down, putting myself between him and Mikey.

"Put the knife down, maybe if you listen to me this time 'll work out."

"You'd like that wouldn't you."

I push Mikey back and he gets the message, getting as far away from me and the guy as he can in the small store.

"You wanna dance? I played just danced a lot as a kid and I'm great at it."

He jumps at me with the knife and I go bat, making him miss, he starts swinging the knife and hits me in the side. I drop down and go human, holding my side.

"Motherfucker! Your mom ever told you not to play with knives?" I get back to my feet and take a glass soda bottle, smacking him as hard as I can across the face with it. He's out cold and I drop to my knees. "Goddamn that hurt."