Ray Toro - A Month

I wrote this a while ago and I guess forgot to post it, it's kinda bad because it was written a WHILE ago but I haven't posted any content in a while

------------

"Hey ray." I say as he gets into my car after I pick him up for school.

"Hey Y/N!"

We talk and pick up the others. When we get to school we go our separate ways. I find my girlfriend, her names melody.

"Hey babe." I lean up on the locker next to her.

"Don't call me that. And take off that jacket, you look dumb in it." 

"Sure Mel." We walk to class. I'm not even sure how we got here. I used to think she was my soulmate. Now being with her feels like hell. I shed my jacket. It's a dark leather I found at a goodwill over the weekend. I really like it and I'm kinda upset but I hate it when she's mad at me.

"You're coming over later, cancel your plans." She says.

"I can't, I haven't been to band practice in weeks!" I say. I see ray on the other side of the classroom.

Well quit the band. I don't want you hanging out with them anyway! You never pay any attention to me anymore!"

"No! I don't even know why I stayed with you so long. We're done." I grab my stuff and as I straighten back up she slaps me. I don't react and leave, ignoring her yelling at me.

I go to one of the bathrooms and see a red handprint on my face. I drop my head and look at the sink. A bitter laugh echoes through the bathroom.

"Y/N?"

"Hey ray."

"Are You okay?"

"Yeah." I want to turn to face him but stay how I am and shut my eyes, a few tears escape anyway.

"Your better off without her." He starts to rub my back.

"I was with her for so long dude. I don't even know what I'm gonna do with myself."

"You're one of the greatest people I know. And you'll figure it out. I'll be there every step of the way.

"Thanks."

He pulls me into a long hug. When we pull away I don't let go of him. It's like a rom com moment. I lean closer to his face but he brings a hand up to stop me.

"I'm not a rebound Y/N. If you still want to in a month then go ahead."

"Sorry I just... thank you." I hug him again. The first period bell rings and we decide to just skip the rest of the day.

————-

After that I did actually get a rebound but it only lasted a week. One day me and Gerard are hanging out at a Barnes and nobles and I see melody with a new boyfriend. He's like a better looking version of me, right down to wearing the same band tee I am. I say goodbye to Gerard and go to rays house.

"She's dating someone who looks like me, but better." I'm not even sure why I went to rays. Guess he was the one who helped me the most.

"It's okay." He pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm weirdly okay with it. But you know how long it's been since we broke up?"

"What?" He looks confused.

"A month." I look of realization crosses his face. "So is it okay?"

"I'd be perfect."

And you know how it goes. We kiss and we're dating now. Melody looks pissed whenever see sees us and it definitely gives me a little bit of satisfaction.