Geoff Wigington - Stupid For You

"Hey, tell me what you want me to say, you know im stupid for you."

I watch as the band parx boiz play "their" song, Stupid For You for a second before i duck backstage and try to give my boss his coffee. He rejects it, so i have no idea why the fuck i had to run out to starbucks to go get it if he wasnt gonna drink it. I watch the actual band play for a second, and they're good. They deserve to be more than being hidden behind a curtain and other people taking credit for their songs. Plus they don't have the ego the parx boiz do.

I accidentally catch the guitarist's eye and he sends me a wink and a smile. It's not the first time he's done it, and I doubt it'll be the last. We've never really had a chance to talk, both of us being busy most of the time and i could never really figure out how to start a conversation when we have a minute. Next to me my boss is being annoying about time, trying to get them to keep to the schedule. It's not really their fault, the parx boiz were late, so the concert started a little later than it should have. He walks onto the stage to try to get them to focus, but awsten starts laughing. I know that's throwing shit off onstage in front of the curtain and I wish I could see everyone's faces. They start goofing around. I try to keep from laughing but when Awsten puts the entire top of the mic in his mouth i crack a smile. The parx boiz walked off stage, looking annoyed as hell. Geoff whispers something to awsten and he nods.

"What the fuck are they about to do?" I say to myself.

Awsten suddenly pushes my boss without warning, knocking down the curtain in the process.

"Hey, tell me that you want me to stay, you know I'm stupid for you!"

I glance back at the parx boiz to see them looking pissed and that makes this way better. The crowd cheers as they finish the song. They wave and come offstage.

"Meet me at my office first thing monday morning." my boss says as he walks past me. Oh I am so somehow getting blamed for this. I catch Geoff's attention as he walks past.

"Hey, you did great up there."

He flashes me a smile. "Thanks. We're in so much trouble and I think this is the only time I can handle a rejection. Wanna go out with me?"

Holy shit he just asked me out. I guess i take too long to answer because he start talking again

"It's okay if you don't wanna. I'm just kinda riding on adrenaline right now."

"Oh uh, yeah! I'll go out with you."

"Awesome. Uhh, can I borrow that?" He gestures to my notepad.

"Yeah." I hand it to him and he scribbles down his number.

"I gotta run, Awsten and Otto are definitely getting yelled at and I'd rather get it over with with them instead of getting yelled at by myself later."

"Bye!" I call after him.

"Don't forget to text me!" He calls back.

I look down at the phone number and the little smiley face he drew next to it. If no one murders him for that stunt they just pulled I'm gonna have an awesome fuckin date.