Gerard Way - NyQuill

--------------------------------------------------------

"Goddamnit motherfucker fuckin hell fuck fuck fuck."

Curse my fucking immune system. Why did I have to get sick the day of Ray's christmas party? I'm not gonna make it. In between puking my guts out and trying to get rid of the awful taste it left in my mouth I try to think of an excuse Gerard 'll buy so i can skip out on the party but he still goes. I don't talk to my family so there's no excuses I could use for that, although I could get Bert (i see you all making Bert evil in your fics and i will knock your teeth in i fuckin love that guy) who wasn't going to say he needed my help for something and that'll be my excuse. Who am i kidding he hates lying what the fuck am i gonna do?

"You don't love me the same! Its such a fuckin shame! I don't deserve as much as all your pop faves!"

I quickly answer my phone after listening to the song i set as my ringtone and try to sound like I wasn't throwing up.

"Hey baby!"

"Hi Gerard, whats up?"

"I'm getting ready, you okay if I pick you up a little early so we can stop at the comic book store first?"

"About that..." come one Y/N come up with an excuse, come on man, "I'm not feeling too great, I might have to skip out."

"Are you sick? Hold on I'm on my way!"

"Gerard I'm-" he hangs up. "fine." I leaned back against the wall and sigh. I don't want him to miss the party, he's been looking forward to it. The guilt's pushed out of my mind for a second when I start feeling like i'm gonna puke again.

--------------------------------------------

"Y/N!"

"Stay the fuck away from me i don't know if I'm contagious!" I yelled from the bathroom, where i quarantine myself. Why did i give him a key to my apartment again?

"I found this cool vegan chicken noodle soup and I know you're not vegan per say but i thought since you don't eat actual chicken... anyway where the fuck are you?"

"Wouldn't you like to know weatherboy!"

"Come out of the bathroom. He says from the other side of the door.

"Fuck you."

"Please come out i-"

I miss the rest of his sentence because I start throwing up.

"Y/N, open the door!"

When i finish puking i open the door and he gives me a hug. He tries to go for a kiss too but I push him away.

"No way. I'm not letting you get sick."

"Fuck you. Anyway, go lay down or something fucking christ! I got some medicine and i heard ginger ale helps settle your stomach and the chicken noodle soup. I'll be there in a few."

"Gerard I'm fine, i promise. I just don't want to get anyone else sick."

"You look like you're about to faint please just go to bed, or go lay on the couch or something."

Because i'm stubborn son of a bitch i sit on the couch.

"Please go to the christmas party, Gerard."

"No, it won't be any fun when you're stuck here being sick."

"I'm fine, i prom-" i get cut off by a sneezing fit. Motherfucker.

"Yeah you sound really fine." he hands me some NyQuil. "Wait a few to take that, i want to try to get something into your stomach before you fall asleep."

"Gerard really i'm fine." I start to get up.

"Uh.. where the hell do you think you're going?"

"I'm gonna help you?"

"If you don't lay down right fuckin now i swear to god."

"Gerard."

"Really. Just let me take care of you okay?"

"Fine." I lay back down and wait for Gerard. He helps me sit up even though I insist I can do it myself and I'm pretty sure if I could let him he'd feed me himself. I don't eat a lot but after i take NyQuil and fall asleep with my head on his lap, his hand running through my hair.

------------------------------

The second i wake up i know what's about to happen. I think i surprise Gerard but i get to the bathroom as quickly as physically possible and throw up. Gerard ran after me i guess and rubs my back. When i'm done i sit on the bathroom floor and put my head on his shoulder.

"Thank you."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

The next few days suck because i can't keep anything down but i get some medicine from the doctor that helps so I finally started to feel better. Gerard's barely left my side even after I started feeling better.

Then a few days after I'm competently fine you'll never believe who i wake up to find puking at 3 am.

"I told you to stay away!"

"It was worth it."