Ryan Seaman - The Mall

i found another old one i never posted, and i think this might be my shortest one yet, but here it is!

-------------------------------------

"Dude we're going to hot topic I don't care if I have like five dollars to my name we are going.'' I said to my friend Ryan.

"Why."

"Because I never outgrew my emo phase motherfucker. Besides, it's right next to the frozen yogurt place you like."

I dragged him into the store and looked around. I could spend hours in here and spend the entirety of my last paycheck but I settled for getting a blink-182 shirt from the clearance rack. After I check out we get some for you and start walking around the mall while eating it.

"Come on man just let me come to one practice. I have to hear your music."

He shakes his head. "No fuckin way Y/N. At least not until we're better."

"Bro I've seen you play drums. Unless Dallon sucks it can't be bad."

"I just wanna-" he trails off as we both stare at the crowd of people. Fuck. it's dumbass homophobes. Why are they doing it in the mall at 4 in the afternoon on a tuesday.

We try to avoid them but i am a mix between a caricature of a gay guy and a 2007 scemo so a few start yelling at me.

"You're gonna burn in hell!"

"See you there!" I try to put a little bit of distance between me and Ryan so they leave him alone but he grabs my hand. "Y/N, I have an idea that'll piss them off."

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me?"

Now let me tell you something. This guy is hot. I've known him since middle school and I've had a crush on him for almost as long. I'm not about to pass this up. So i kiss him, we're getting slurs yelled at us but i also hear a few people clapping and whistling. I flip the homophobes off. I'm still not sure why they're protesting here but this is the best moment of my life.

When we break apart we stare at each other for few seconds before I break the spell to turn and yell, "how you like that motherfuckers!"