5

Jared Cameron had recently shifted, into a wolf

Jared Cameron had recently shifted, into a wolf. It had been a month since he had shifted. The world of being a shapeshifter was still confusing to Jared to an extent, but he and his friend, Sam Uley, we're going through it together.

Jared could remember the pain that he went through as he shifted, and it was a pain that he had never felt before. It was as if his body was burning, and his bones ached every time he shifted. The only person he could confide in was with Sam. It was a confusing world for him, and he only had Sam to share it with.

Also, Sam went through this thing where he imprinted on a girl and broke up with his girlfriend. He imprinted on a girl named Emily Young, this was new to the two shapeshifters, and when Billy Black explained it to them, it proved that there was more to learn about being a shapeshifter.

 So, this made the world of a shapeshifter even more confusing to Jared. He had no idea how he was supposed to live this way, the silence of sharing this with the same people was eating him up. Even after the hardships that they faced, Sam and Emily are living happily together. With how much Jared visored them, it made him feel like a third wheel. He also wanted an imprint so that he could have what Sam and Emily have.

Jared was in school waiting for the first period to start, and hearing people chatter amongst themselves, talking about things which seemed pointless to Jared. That was until he overheard one conversation,

"Did you guys hear? There's a new girl coming today," Jared overheard one of the girls say. At the mention of this new person, it caused a flutter to go through his heart, but it never happened before. Never felt the intense feeling in which just by alluding to a person he would feel his heart become more full, more complete.

He could hear footsteps down the hallway, it sounded like two people. The feeling of waiting for one person to walk through the door was almost torturing for Jared. This caused him to be even more confused than before. This was unlike him, and he had no explanation as to why he was acting this way. This feeling was almost primal to Jared, it was a feeling that was in embedded deep within him and a feeling that he had never known that he could have, because of this, he just waited for the events which would occur.

He could hear his classmates still talking amongst themselves, not knowing that their teacher and another person were on their way to the classroom. It made Jared even more frustrated since the chatter around him was just empty noise and he wanted to hear the footsteps more clearly.

Then, the door suddenly opened. The teacher walked in, and the students rushed to their seats, not wanting to gain unwanted attention from the teacher.

Though, at the moment, the only thing that he could focus on was the small blond girl who walked in after the teacher.