11

"H-hi," Jared replied with a stutter in his voice

He had not expected that she would approach him first. He thought that he would have to meet her casually and that he would have to work hard for her attention. Though, now it seems as though the tables have turned on him.

"How are you?" Penelope asked. 

As she spoke, she sat down next to him. Jared was attempting to say something smart, something that would make her like him. Though, what he said was,

"Ummm," Jared mumbled to himself. 

He was scolding himself for acting this way around Penelope. He should be confident, that's how he thought that he should act. 

Though, Jared did not know that Penelope likes a guy like that. She giggled to herself, at the fact that he was stuttering around her, and he was confident in front of her in class the day before. 

She likes seeing the side of a guy that no one else gets to see, it makes her feel special at that moment.

Jared had heard Penelope laugh to herself, and he could, in fact, say that it was the most beautiful sound that he had ever heard. He wanted to keep her laughing forever, which sounds almost like music to his ears. 

Jared had made a promise to himself at that moment that he would do anything and be anything for Penelope James. 

While lost in thought, Jared had not realized that Penelope was still sitting next to him, waiting for his response. Jared thus cleared his throat, and replied,

"I'm good, what about you?" he said. 

Penelope looked down and away from him and replied,

"I'm good," Penelope replied. 

She was back to being closed off and shy when around Jared. This saddened Jared because he cannot believe that she would continue to be closed off around him. 

"I was wondering, do you want to have lunch together?" Penelope asked. 

Surprising Jared. Though, when he looked to his side to look at her, she was still looking away from him.

He really wanted her to open up to him. He hoped that when she opened up to him be a sign that she had the same feelings that he had that they want one side. He also wanted her to get over her shyness, even though he had found it endearing. With the intent of getting to know her, he replied with,

"Yes, I would love to have lunch today with you. I'll meet up with you," Jared said. 

Then he as he was going to get up, Penelope grabbed his arm and said,

"Wait, can you just stay here for a bit longer?" Penelope asked. 

Jared sat back down, the two people sitting next to each other, looking away from each other. Jared's mind was spinning with the fact that they were going to have lunch today and about the note that he left in her locker.

While Jared was lost in thought that was how many bystanders saw they would look like to people not making eye contact but just being satisfied with the fact that they were