21

Penelope had sat on her bed, and she did seem incredibly comfortable there

Penelope had sat on her bed, and she did seem incredibly comfortable there. It was a given because she was in a place that she had seen it as her safe space. 

This was the one place for nothing in the world that would never harm, where she could feel as though she was safe. Her room was the only place in her old town in which she had ever felt protected. 

She didn't have the luxury in school even though it was meant to be a place where she could interact with other people. Jared was hesitant to be sat down next to her. He thought that they were going to be working on the project, but Penelope's mind had seemed to be far away from the work that she had to do.

"What's wrong?" Jared asked Penelope. 

He did not want to overstep boundaries, he wanted her to tell her when she wanted to about what she was thinking. Though, Penelope was thinking only about two things at the moment. 

One of them being the note that she had gotten, but she chose not to tell Jared about it. She didn't know how she felt about it, she was incredibly happy, but was she falling for the person that writing the notes for her?

 She did not know the answer to that yet, therefore she couldn't tell Jared about it. Because, and for the first time she had admitted this to her self, she was falling for him. 

At first, she knew that it was a crush, but she never thought that her feelings would've gone this far. Though, the other thing on Penelope's mind was her past. Today was the day that the torment had begun for her multiple years ago.

"Can I tell you somethings, Jared? Something that I have never told anyone," Penelope said. 

She was trying to say this is as fast as she possibly could before she had lost the nerve to tell him. It's just a short amount of time, she had begun to trust Jared. In a way that she had never trusted anyone before.

"You can tell me anything," Jared replied. 

He took her hands in his own and intertwined their hands together, the action bringing Penelope more comfort than she had thought. 

Penelope had thus taken a very large deep breath in, and she had begun to say,

"my school life before coming here was in perfect," Penelope had thus begun. 

She could feel her throat closing up. She was going to begin crying, and she knew it. She did not want to in the first place, but after feeling so broken for so long because of people who were once your friends causes a person to feel this way.

Thus, Penelope had begun to tell Jared her life story, one which was not a happy one for her. Therefore, she was also going through every memory that she had tried to suppress since she moved to La Push.