13

Half of the day had already been completed, and it was time for lunch

Half of the day had already been completed, and it was time for lunch. Penelope's heart was racing. This was the time, in which she and Jared would have lunch together for the very first time.

Penelope was nervous, she did not know why she had asked Jared to have lunch with her in the first place. 

There was something inside her, telling her that she should have lunch with them and that she should trust Jared with all her heart.

Due to this, Penelope had trouble trying to decide whether to listen to her mind or heart because both of them had differing opinions. Her mind was going on overdrive, she had no clue what to do she hadn't had lunch with a friend since she was a little girl.

Right outside her class, as he had promised beforehand, Jared was waiting for Penelope. 

He took it upon himself to guide her around the school, and it made him feel better about the fact that he could watch over the girl that he had come to care about in a way that did not freak her out, the last thing that Jared wanted to do was to freak out his imprint, he would do anything for her.

"So, are you ready to go to lunch," Jared asked with a smile. 

Penelope smiled back nervously, not knowing how to respond to watch Jared had asked her, her nervousness taking over her.

Jared grasped Penelope's hand, causing tingles to go through each of their arms, Jared is the only one who knew why this was occurring. 

This was new to Penelope, and it was freaking her out. Then, eventually, the two had made it to a table, after grabbing their lunches.

This time, Penelope had decided to start the conversation,

"Jared, there's a lotta rumors going around you which are about you," Penelope began. 

She wanted to be direct with Jared, she wanted to know if there was any truth behind the rumors. For once in Penelope's life, she wanted a friend, and she wanted it with Jared. 

Even though her heart told her that she would never be satisfied with just being friends with Jared, and the will be wanted to be more with him. It was true. She wants to be more than a friend with Jared.

"You mean the rumors about me being a on steroids?" Jared questioned before Penelope continued to speak. 

Penelope was one to never belive rumors, but she wanted to ask so that she knew who she was becoming friends with.

"Don't worry about the rumors, they hold no truth," Jared finished. 

He looked towards Penelope with a smile on his face, reassuring her that she made the right choice to hang out with Jared. 

Penelope smiled back at Jared, and Jared could've sworn that Penelope's smile was one of the most beautiful sights that he had veery seen. 

From that moment, when any onlooker glanced at the direction where the two were sitting, they were seen smiling and laughing while talking. 

The string of attraction was pulling them closer to each other, and they let them do just that.