22

Penelope had finally told Jared the truth

Penelope had finally told Jared the truth. Everything was laid out in front of him, it was his choice of what he wanted to do with this information.

Penelope was still sitting on the bed, and she was out of breath. It was not as though telling the word itself was difficult, but the memories themselves had made her feel worse so she lost her breath.

She had constantly continued to look down on her hands as she was speaking, afraid of Jared's reaction. Jared at the moment was shocked by the information that Penelope had told him.

Jared had realized that something must've happened which had forced Penelope to distance herself from Jared. He did not think that it would be to this extent. He thought that maybe she had a bad experience with someone, not that she was tormenting her whole life.

"I understand," Jared replied.

Penelope had snapped her head up from where she was playing the figures, the had thus stared at Jared in confusion.

What did he understand?

Jared had then taken a very deep breath, and he said,

"I understand your actions now," Jared said.

He truly did, and he felt ridiculous that he did not know about it before.

"Really?" Penelope asked. She had honestly expected Jared to not want anything to do with Penelope, and she then would be alone again.

"I do, I understand why you didn't wanna be my friend I understand why you were so hesitant to hang out with me," Jared had begun.

He did not know what he was saying, but Penelope had just poured her heart out to him, and he did not know what to do with such raw emotions. He did not have the guidance of anyone at this moment, and he was utterly lost about what he should do.

"But I'm mostly upset about the fact that you have a complete lack of trust in me. Even though we don't know each other very well, I had hoped that maybe if you had felt the same way that I feel when I'm around you, you would not be so hesitant. Now I'm not so sure about that," Jared said.

Every word that he had said was created an even bigger heartache for him. These words were true, but Jared did not want to risk his relationship with Penelope over some words. Some words that he maybe had not meant.

"I did not mean to do that," Penelope replied shyly.

Jared could no longer take the tension between them, the tension that he knew that Penelope must also feel whenever she was around him. He then had leaned forward, Penelope stood in shock, and Jared had thus kissed her.

Neither of them knew what this had meant, but they had chosen to just enjoy the moment and each other's embrace.