8

The school day had come to an end, and Penelope was pleased with herself that she was able to avoid making friends all day

The school day had come to an end, and Penelope was pleased with herself that she was able to avoid making friends all day. Though, the opposite could be said for Jared, who was feeling dejected after not even getting a greeting from Penelope.

Penelope had already made it home and was ready to take a nap. Though, Jared was on his way to Sam Uley and Emily Young's home. When Jared walked in, he could smell the cookies that Emily was making, causing his mouth to water. Then, he went inside the house, inviting himself in, and he saw Emily. 

"Hey, Jared. How was today?" Sam asked. He was standing close to Emily, the effect of the imprint was strong. 

"It was fine, but Sam I have some news," Jared said. He stopped speaking, knowing that the news was going to be shocking.

"I found my imprint," Jared finished. This caused Sam's head to snap towards Jared, in shock. Though once the shock had worn off, he was pleased with the news. Then Sam replied,

"That's great news, but why are you not as happy about it," Sam questioned. 

This caused Jared to think about how his imprint was ignoring him all day. He did not know if it was something that he did, but he wanted to be her friend desperately. He wanted to get to know her better, and he thought to be a friend to her was the only way to do that.

"I need to know more about imprinting. It's only been one day, and she's already driving me crazy," Jared said.

Sam replied,

"I know, it's confusing at first," That was all that Sam could give Jared. His sympathy. Since only two people had shifted so far, imprinting was completely new territory for them. They did not know what they were going into, they do not know the repercussions of their actions, though they wanted to learn. Their elders were there, but even then, they did not know how to approach these people who are now considered their soulmates now.

"Yeah, no kidding," Jared said. He rolled his eyes at what Sam had said. Even though Sam was not helpful, it felt good for Jared to speak to someone who would understand how he's feeling. Though, Jared still had no clue as to how he would approach these new feelings and how he would talk to this girl who seemed as though she wanted nothing to do with him.

"That's fine, but what do I do? My imprint wants nothing to do with me," Jared said. Sam looked as though he was deep in thought, he did not know what to do.

"What about you be her friend first, and try to show her that you are worth her giving her time to," Sam said. They were back to square one, but it was better than nothing.

Though once Sam had said this, Jared had gotten an idea. Even though it could be a stupid idea, it was the only way that Jared could think of so that he could express his feelings for the new girl.