20

Jared and Penelope had worked for a very long time, and even though they were productive, they did not get a lot done in that time

Jared and Penelope had worked for a very long time, and even though they were productive, they did not get a lot done in that time. By the time the class was over, it felt as though time had flown past them. 

Therefore, Jared asked,

"Is it possible to meet at your house?" Jared asked Penelope. 

Penelope was packing her things up, getting ready to go to her next class with Jared, when she had stopped due to his question. It had been a week or two already but Penelope didn't feel comfortable enough to bring Jared into her house. 

She wanted to introduce him to her parents so that they would know that she had a friend.

"Sure," Penelope replied with a nod. 

Then, Jared and Penelope had continued with her day. The day has gone by in a flash, and soon enough it was time for Jared to go to Penelope's house. 

At this moment, Jared acted the way that Penelope did when she was meeting Sam and Emily for the very first time. Though, at this moment, Jared was even more petrified than Penelope ever could be. 

He was meeting her parents. 

This meant that he had to show a good impression. He wanted to be with Penelope for the long run, and that meant that he had to put his best foot forward. For this reason, in the car with Penelope's mom, Jared was unusually silent.

Then, they had eventually made it to Penelope's house, and Jared liked her house. It seems to be incredibly homey and inviting. Jared had really admired that about the house. 

Jared knew that he was diverting his mind from the fear that he was feeling. He was trying to distract himself, and that it only worked for a couple of seconds. Then, once he was done admiring the house and he walked in, the nervousness headset into his heart again.

Penelope's mom spoke,

"Do you kids want anything to eat?" With this question, Penelope had glanced over towards Jared. 

She was silently asking him if he didn't want anything, though he shook his head.

"No mom, we're okay," Penelope replied. Then, Penelope had very boldly grabbed onto Jared's arm and dragged him upstairs while saying,

"We are going to be working now in my room," Penelope told her mom as she was dragging Jared up the stairs. 

Then, when Jared had reached Penelope's room, his nerves had settled away from the fear of meeting her parents, but then a newfound fear had cracked into Jared's mind.

He was going to be alone with Penelope in her room, and that had caused his nerves to skyrocket.