9

Penelope had just woken up from a nap

Penelope had just woken up from a nap. Her mind hazy, not knowing at first where she was. At first, she thought she was back at home, back in her old town. For a moment, a fleeting moment she was scared and dreaded the day. Even though, it was evening.

" Penelope! Time for dinner!" Mrs. Charles yelled from downstairs.

Ever since Penelope had come home, Mrs. James had not gotten a chance to speak with her. The woman had no clue as to how her daughter's day has gone. 

She wanted her daughter to tell her that this move to a new place was the right decision. She was concerned that her daughter continued to be isolated from people who genuinely would want to be her friends if only she gave them the chance to do it. 

Even though, Mrs. James had no clue of what was occurring in the old town in which they used to reside.

"Coming mom!" Penelope shouted from her room.

Penelope was rushing down the stairs, hungry for dinner. She wanted to avoid any topic about her school today, knowing that both her mother and father will have questions about her day.

When Penelope had reached downstairs, she was relieved to see that only her mother was waiting for her. Even though, she did not know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. 

Though, before she had any chance to contemplate this, she heard the front door open.

"I'm home!" Penelope's dad shouted inside the house. 

Then the reply came,

"In the kitchen!" Mrs. Charles shouts back towards her husband. 

She was excited that her husband would be with her to talk with their daughter about her day, she felt as though if Penelope's father and mother were there to talk to her together, she would feel more comfortable speaking about her day.

Penelope had already begun eating, she was trying to get out of the situation as soon as possible, though it seemed as though the world was against her.

"So hon, how was your day?" Penelope's dad questioned.

This was a question that Penelope had dreaded. Her parents asking her about her day. She wanted to tell her parents the truth, that she had made no new friends, and that she was distant as always. 

Though, on the other hand, she knew that she didn't want her parents to have regrets about the choice of coming to La push. Thus she said,

"It was good, I made a friend, his name is Jared," 

Though, once she had said his name, all thoughts about him came back to her in a whirlwind of emotions.  

Some of the emotions that she had tried to suppress during the school day had resurfaced at full force. It took a lot of will power to not immediately fall in love with his puppy dog eyes.

Though, what Penelope had not known was that Jared had the intention of winning her heart, no matter what it took.