14

The school day had come to an end, and Penelope was ready to rush home and take a nap for what she hoped was forever

The school day had come to an end, and Penelope was ready to rush home and take a nap for what she hoped was forever. Though, what had stopped Penelope from going outside was Jared Cameron, who was waiting for her outside her class.

Jared and Penelope had a great lunch together and the lunch had only solidified the feelings that they had for each other.

These feelings had scared Penelope to a large extent. She never felt this way about anyone, and these new feelings that emerged, seem to be hitting her with full force. 

With no room for hesitation. But now if Penelope wanted to desperately succumb to her feelings, she wanted to open herself up completely for Jared. Penelope wanted a world in which she and Jared would be together, Penelope didn't see that happening anytime soon.

Also, the way that Jared had answered the question, about the rumors that were spreading out about him, he seemed indifferent to them. As if they were held no value, though, Penelope was scared to find out what the truth was to those rumors, because all these rumors have to start somewhere. 

She does not know if these feelings have blinded her, or if there was something else at play. It was as though Penelope knew deep in her bones that there was something odd about Jared, but she did not have the willingness to look for those answers. 

It was almost as though she didn't want to know the real side of Jared, but that wasn't the case. The only reason she thought about these rumors, the only reason that she asked Jared directly about it, is because she wanted to get to know all of Jared. Before she took any drastic actions which would leave her heartbroken at the end.

"Hey Penny, is it okay if we go to one of my friend's house on our way to your house?" Jared asked.

 Jared seemed as though he was excited to see this friend, and Penelope was curious as to who this friend was anyways. It was not as though she was upset about this in the first place, again it was for the mason of getting to know all of Sherrod. 

Penelope thought that there was the possibility that her feelings for Jared might change, but for some reason, that wasn't the case. 

Every single thing that he did made her fall even more in love with him, and it was not stopping any time soon. Penelope knew that she wasn't willing to let these feelings go anytime soon, or heart had taken over her, and Penelope was just standing there and watching her helplessly to the events occurring. 

"Sure, I have no problem with that," Penelope replied.