29

"What do you mean you imprinted on me," Penelope asked

She did not know how to react with Jared had said. You said it in such a loud voice, that it was unavoidable to say that she had ignored what he had said. 

Jared knew that telling her that he was a wolf shifter is a very big thing to tell Penelope, but she only heard the term imprinting very loosely. She did not know what it was to a full extent, and she did not know what Jared had meant by it in the first place.

"There's this thing, it's called imprinting, something that I had not told you about yet," Jared started. 

His breath pausing in nervousness, he knew that what he was about to say was going to change his relationship with Penelope for better or for worse.

"It's not like love at first sight, really. It's more like...gravity moves," Jared paused and Penelope connected that he had already imprinted on someone. That caused her heart to drop, not thinking of the possibility that it could be her.

"When you see her, suddenly it's not the earth holding you here anymore. She does. And nothing matters more than her. And you would do anything for her, be anything for her... You become whatever she needs you to be, whether that's a protector, or a lover, or a friend, or a brother," Jared finished.

"You speak about it as though you have experienced it," Penelope said with sadness in her tone.

She did not want for what they had together to end, but it did not mean that she would keep their relationship going if it meant breaking someone else's heart.

"Well, at first it was just Sam's thoughts that gave me the information on imprinting, my dad had also told me about it. Then, I felt it for myself," Jared said.

"And it was the most amazing feeling. I will admit, I thought that I was in love with another girl before I imprinted, but she was no longer in my thoughts the second I met my imprint. The girl that I imprinted on is amazing, and I could not ask for anyone better than her," Jared finished. 

Penelope did not know how much longer she could take Jared gushing over his imprint, and she looked down in heartbreak.

"The best part is, that she is sitting right across from me," Jared added on. 

That caused Penelope's head to shoot up, and when she looked at Jared, all she saw was pure honesty, and at that moment, Penelope could not be happier. Penelope had moved closer to Jared, and she had kissed him. 

She had poured all of her love into the kiss, and it was everything to Jared and Penelope.