15

Both Penelope and Jared were on their way to Emily's house

Both Penelope and Jared were on their way to Emily's house. Both of them were nervous and Penelope's thoughts were in a different place, Jared was filled with nervousness, and therefore their reasoning was completely different. 

Jared was nervous, and that was evident by the fact that he kept gripping onto the wheel of the car, trying to drive properly. 

For Penelope, it was not the case, she was nervous about the note that she had gotten. She did not know why, but she chose to cherish it, something which she had never really done before. 

It felt as though that note was an incredibly heavyweight in her pocket, and Penelope was a victim to it.

"Who is Emily to you?" Penelope asked all of a sudden. 

Penelope had no idea who Emily was, but she had anyway chosen to agree with what Jared had wanted. Then Jared had a smile, that bright smile that he always did, the one that had always made Penelope's heart flutter.

In reality, Emily was someone that Jared had respected to a great extent, and he really wanted Emily and Penelope to meet. He wanted the three people who are incredibly important to him, to meet for the very first time. 

For Jared, shifting into a wolf is difficult enough as it was, and without the help of Sam and Emily, he wouldn't have made it.

Therefore, Jared replied,

"She's a really close friend of mine," Jared replied. 

Though, Penelope was having her doubts. It was something about the way that Jared had spoken about Emily, it was as though he admired her. From a distance. 

Even though that was the case, that did not mean that Jared cared about Emily any less. For the first time, Penelope had felt jealous. 

It was incredibly rare for her to feel this way, but something inside of her was making Penelope feel much more possessive over Jared, and it wasn't stopping.

"That's nice," Penelope replied quietly. 

Penelope was not dreading to meet Emily, she did not want to meet someone who Jared cared about this much. Penelope thought that Emily was someone that Jared possibly had a crush on, but that was far from the case.

"She almost like a mother figure to me," Jared had added on. 

It was almost as though Jared could feel what Emily was feeling, the dread and the jealousy that she was feeling.

This time, it was a more primal instinct within Jared. He could not contain the need that he had to please the girl who was sitting in the car next to him. He wanted her to be happy with him, and even though she was, they're always little spots of jealousy that arose within Penelope's mind.

"So when are we getting there?" Penelope asked. 

Then, Jared had replied with

"We're almost there, you're going love her," Jared said excitedly. 

Penelope knew within her heart, that she would do whatever it took till like the woman. The reason being, that she was important to Jared.