27

"Penelope, what I am going to tell you might be something that you do not believe, you might even want to push me away is far from you as possible, but you need to hear this from me, "Jared spoke

His worst fear was that someone else would tell her what he wants, that they would take away the right from him telling her the truth. He wanted to be the one to tell her the truth, he wanted their bond to be strong enough that he knew that she would not leave him, and the fact that the truth has been pulled out from him, there was no other choice for him to tell her the truth, did not help his belief that Penelope would not leave.

In fact, he believed that she would be running for the hills when she finds out the truth.

"I am what legends would call the werewolf. Except in my world, I'm called a shifter. I shift into a wolf," Jared spoke. 

Penelope's eyebrows had risen, she was shocked with information that Jared had given her.

"I am from the pack that is in La Push, and at the moment it's only me and Sam who are shifters. The reason as to why we had shifted into wolves in the first place, is because of the presence of vampires," Jared added on. 

That was one truth that he told her. 

The truth of what he was, but Jared was tired of hiding his feelings from her, and always having to protect her feelings. Protecting her was almost like a duty, but he wanted her to love him back as well. 

Therefore, he had made a choice of being direct.

"That's not all that I've hidden from you," Jared said. He took in a deep breath of air, preparing himself for the worst, and he said,

"I'm the one who's been leaving you notes in your locker," Jared had stated at a rate that was incredibly quick. 

He wanted it to be done and said. He wanted her to come up with her own interpretations, her own understanding, and he would help her along the way. 

He did not want to give her all the answers right away, but he did not want to hide anything from her either. 

His mind and his heart were conflicting, his heart wanting to pour out every truth that he has kept from her, and his mind telling him that she's not ready for it all.

"And the reason why I have been putting these notes in your locker, because I like you," Jared had finished speaking. 

Penelope was processing everything that Jared had told her, but it didn't diminish anything that she was feeling for him already. 

In fact, the fact that he had told her the truth, being open with her when she asked him to, solidified the feelings that were growing inside of her. The feelings of love.

"So you only like me," Penelope had spoken up teasingly. 

Jared's head had snapped his head up to where Penelope was sitting, which is right next to him, and he was met with one of the rare breathtaking smiles. 

The kind of smile that she would get whenever he left for the notes in her locker. The notes that Penelope had held close to our heart, and the notes that he had given to her to profess his feelings. 

He then leaned in and kissed her again, and this kiss was filled with the emotions that they both felt, with some truth revealed, but the truth of imprinting was still hidden.