extended summary

Penelope James is a completely normal girl, who is moving to Forks, Washington. More specifically, she's moving to the small part of Forks, La Push. Penelope does not expect anything to come from moving to a random location that does not seem appealing to her in any way. 

She's incredibly reserved, because she had been bullied in school, and she didn't feel confident enough to be able to make a long-lasting friendship. She believed, that coming to the town would not change anything on her day-to-day dynamic. 

She wanted to keep her head down and finish with her schooling as soon as she could. She's incredibly scared of making new friends, terrified of it actually. Penelope's parents, on the other hand, think that moving to La Push will be good for her. 

Penelope's plans to keep her head down, and interact with no one does not work, the reason being, that Jared Cameron imprints on her. 

Penelope does not notice and Jared had decided to send her letters from a secret admirer. He hoped, but maybe if he sent these letters anonymously, she could learn to care about him, maybe even love him. 

Will Penelope shyness get in the way of Jared Cameron getting his imprint, or will the plan that he has come up with work?