4

"Since you're new, I could totally take you on a tour of the school and show you around

"Since you're new, I could totally take you on a tour of the school and show you around. Also, help you out with your schedule. I know that I am two years younger, so I could just show you around for now," Seth stated after the visit. 

It was time for the James family to go home, and the two kids were parting ways. Penelope was honestly shocked that Seth still wanted to hang out, even though he was younger than her, it was nice to have someone to talk to.

Penelope knew that she was lacking in the area of making friends, though, she responded with,

"Yeah, totally," Penelope replied. 

Then, it was the next day. The day that Penelope had dreaded, her first day at school. She had a fear that her experience in school would be the same that it was when she lived in her hometown. 

Though, she had gotten a bit of confidence after knowing that she had at least one friend, Seth. Even though he was younger than her, she considered him almost like a sibling. That's what caused there to be a strong bond, even after only being friends for a day.

Penelope had gotten ready for the day, and it was time for her to walk to school with Seth. Seth was waiting for him outside, and when he saw her he got excited. It seemed as though Seth was more excited for Penelope's first day of school than Penelope herself was.

"Hey, you ready for your first day?" Seth asked. Penelope and rolled her eyes, expressing how she was feeling in an instant. Seth had no clue as to what Penelope had gone through, thus he could not comment on Penelope rolling her eyes. Seth thought that it was just because everyone else hates school also.

"Kid, get to my age, and then we will talk about actually liking school," Penelope said. 

Seth laughed at that, he didn't hate school, but he didn't love it either. The two people continued to chat, and eventually, they had made it to the school. Once Penelope had gotten all the required materials, including her schedule, Seth gave her a basic layout of the land of the school.

Then, Seth stated,

"There is one more thing you should know," Seth started. For some reason, this piqued Penelope's interest, though she was not one for gossip.

"There are two guys in La Push, Sam Uley, and Jared Cameron. I think that they are in a gang or something or taking steroids. There are rumors flying around them, and I just want you to stay away from them," Seth said. 

When Seth said, Jared Cameron, it made shivers go through Penelope's body. She was shocked at a response that was so primal, that was not something that Penelope could control. It was as if her body knew one thing that her mind had not, and that had astounded Penelope. She had never felt this way before, and while lost in her thoughts, she had made it to her first class, saying goodbye to Seth for the day.