1

Penelope James was on her way home, after a day of school in which she was tormented

Penelope James was on her way home, after a day of school in which she was tormented. The people in her school hate her for reasons that were unknown to her, and it caused her to feel upset that she was tormented for no reason.

As she walked into the house she shouted,

"I'm home!" Penelope shouted into the house. Then she heard the reply,

"In the kitchen honey!" Penelope's mother, Aria James responded. As Penelope walked into the house, she saw that her mother and father, Charles James, were both seated in the kitchen, discussing something that seemed serious.

"Penny, how was your day?" Mr. James asked as Penelope was placing her things on one fo the chairs in the kitchen.

"It was the same as always," Penelope replied. She was always vague about her school day, not wanting her parents to know of the torment that she went through on a day to day basis.

"That's good," Mr.James replied. Then the room became silent, and Penelope could feel the awkwardness in the air. Then, Mrs.James spoke,

"So hon, we have some news," Aria began. She seemed to be hesitant when speaking, and that caused Penelope to go into confusion. Charles James looked at Penelope in hesitation as well, not knowing how his daughter would react to the news.

"Penny, we're moving," Penelope's father stated. This caused Mrs.James to hit her husband on his shoulder, scolding him for being so upfront about this news. In reality, Aria and Charles had not known how Penelope would react, she had lived in this town for most of her life. They did not want their daughter to feel as though her parents are forcing this of her, they wanted her to be happy.

"That's okay with me," Penelope replied. Shocking the parents who were in the kitchen. Then, snapping out of their confusion, Mr. James spoke,

"We are moving to La Push, Washington," he said. While Penelope's father remained neutral, Penelope's mother was bursting with excitement. She was happy that her daughter had accepted that they were moving without an argument and that she seemed okay with it.

Thus, when Mr. James stopped speaking, Mrs. James rushes to her daughter's temperature and a hug. Then she started rambling on saying,

"Oh, honey you're gonna love it there. I also have a friend named Sue Clearwater who would love to meet you. She also has a son and a daughter. The son, he's a little bit younger than you but he can help you out," Mrs. Jones said.

"Yeah Mom and Dad, I'm really excited to go," Penelope replied with as much excitement as she could muster. With that, she walked upstairs to her room, smiling once again towards her parents. When she reached her room, she was left with her thoughts of insecurity.

Penelope was worried that she would have to go through the torment from her peers once again. That she will not be accepted into this new place, and that she would once again be left alone to fend for herself. She was afraid that she wasn't going to fit in and that she would have to continue to lie to her parents that her school day has gone normally and that she actually has people who she would consider friends.

Penelope just wanted a moment of bliss, which was something that she had not felt in a very long time, and she had expected to not feel anytime soon.