12

Penelope had just left Jared's side, the reason being that people were beginning to show up

Penelope had just left Jared's side, the reason being that people were beginning to show up. Penelope's shyness kicking in at the moment that saw that there was going to be more people surrounding her.

As Penelope was rushing away from Jared, she had reached her locker. Where she had an expected surprise waiting for her. Has she opened her locker, a small piece of paper fell out. 

It shocked Penelope, mostly she was surprised at the fact that there was a note in her locker without her knowing. Then her emotions went to confused, she had no idea who would want to put a note in her locker, no for once she decided to stop overthinking, and open the note.

"You look beautiful today"

The note read.

The note made Penelope blush, no one had ever complimented her. Therefore, whenever someone did compliment her, even if it wasn't directly, she always blushed to herself. Behind her, Jared was watching from a distance. He was hoping to see her reaction, but her open hair hid the reaction.

Then, when her hair did move back, he was pleased to see a small brush on her face. It made him feel good about the fact he could elicit this reaction from his imprint. Then, he walked up to the girl who was still looking at the note, and spoke,

"What's that?" Jared asked in a nonchalant way. 

He was pretending as though he had not left a note. He wanted these two sides of him to be distinct at the moment, to show her both sides of him.

" I don't know, it's probably nothing," Penelope said. She said that she was rushing to put the note in her back pocket, hoping that Gerald will not see it. She liked the fact that someone noticed her, and she liked the feeling that she got when she read the note. Though, these feelings were already being conflicted, by her admiration for Jared.

Then, Jared spoke again,

"Okay, do wanna maybe walk to class together?"

Penelope glanced away from where the note was, in her back pocket, and she looked at Jared. He was here, in front of her, and she did not want someone who hid behind notes to express their feelings.

Her heart was calling to Jared. It was as though invisible strings were pulling them together, and they were at the mercy of those strings. Penelope for the first time felt safe and happy around  Jared, and through overthinking things, she said,

"Yeah sure," Penelope started, and she added on,

"Could we make this an everyday thing?" Penelope asked shyly. Jared smiled at how adorable she looked, and he nodded his head rapidly.

"Yeah?" Penelope asked. Jared then replied,

"Yeah," Then Jared grabbed her hand. When their fingers intertwined, Penelope felt butterflies fill her stomach, her heart beating faster than ever. Penelope wanted to fight these newfound feelings, and stay as far away from Jared. Though, as fate would have it, it would no longer allow Penelope to run, instead, it would force her to change and become who she really is.

Therefore, at that moment she chose to accept what she felt. She wanted to enjoy her time with Jared.