19

It was history class at the moment, and Penelope's mind was racing

She kept thinking about the note, the smile that was somewhat forced out of her when she read it. Though she did not mind it. Then, all the sudden she heard,

"Group project you guys," the teacher spoke. 

Even though he tried to seem as though he was motivating the class, he seems the least bit interested in it. Instead, he looked as though he wanted to go home and take a nap. 

Though, most of the students felt the same way. 

What the teacher had said this, Penelope was losing her mind over the fact that she would have to work with someone, maybe someone that she did not know. The thoughts that were racing about the note were far from her mind, she was filled with dread. 

She had this class with Jared, and she wanted to be his partner because she did not know anyone else. 

Somehow, Penelope had felt a sense of anxiety and she had realized that it would be a possibility that she and Jared were not paired up together. Penelope felt down about that, and then she had felt confused, but a lot of strange things have been happening to her for a while now, which were inexplainable to the girl, therefore she chose to ignore these feelings again. 

She could address them when she got home.

The teacher was saying the names of the people who paired up, and when he had said,

"Penelope and Jared," 

Penelope had let out a sigh of relief. 

She would not have to sit and work with a stranger, and if she had, then there was a huge possibility that that person would force her to do all the work and take the credit for it. Which in truth be told had seemed to be a regular occurrence. 

Jared was also ecstatic by the fact that they were working in a group together. Even though Penelope had become a little bit more open towards Jared, she was still not there yet. 

This had given Jared an excuse to spend even more time with her. The two had glanced at each other, and then Penelope had waved and smiled in his direction.

That caused Jared to blush profusely, though he shook his head and began to approach Penelope.

"Hey partner," Penelope spoke teasingly again, this was not the way that Penelope would have normally acted, this had thus given Jared a sure sign that she was opening up to him. 

She was, for once after a long time, satisfied with the friendship that she had made. And it was on her own terms, which had made her feel even better about it. 

Also, the note from her secret admirer did help her a lot. It brightened up her mood a lot more than she thought one-note could.

"ready to work?" Jared asked. 

Penelope nodded with a smile, and the two people had gotten to work.