7

"Hey, I'm Jared," Jared said

"Hey, I'm Jared," Jared said. He spoke a moment after Penelope had sat down. Jared expected the girl to at least blush like last time, but this time, she huffed and turned away from him. Almost as though she was disgusted by him.

Though, that was not the case. Penelope was only projecting those feelings because she was scared of getting hurt by someone else. It was a promise that she had made herself so that she could protect her feelings.

"Yeah, I'm not interested," Penelope muttered to herself. Though, Jared could hear it clearly due to his enhanced hearing. 

His heart broke even more, and it caused his confusion to grow even more. He did not know this girl, then why did he feel so heartbroken about her rejection. He just met her and he wanted her to accept him more than anything else. It was as if he was seeking her approval, not caring about anyone else's opinions. Jared needed to talk to Sam about this, but he didn't know when he could. It was only the beginning of the school day, and there were many classes until he could talk to Sam.

"I'm sorry for being mean," Penelope muttered to herself. For a moment, Jared thought that she was talking to him, shocked that she could possibly know what he was. Though, when he looked at her, she was looking down at her notebook, not looking in his direction. Somehow, Jared knew that the apology was directed towards him, it was a gut feeling that he had.

That statement had gotten Jared thinking, why would she apologize after being so cold towards him? His mind was spinning, trying to come to an outcome that made at least a little bit of sense. Though, with Jared's knowledge of girls, it was not going well for him.

  Then, as he was lost in thought, the school's bell rung, signaling the end of the class period. The students all dispersed from the classroom, wanting to leave as soon as possible. Jared then saw Penelope begin to pick up her things after most of the people had left the classroom already to crowd the halls.

Penelope silently took her things and gave a side glance towards Jared. That instant was more than enough to satisfy Jared. He could observe her face more due to how close she was, as opposed to when she was in front of the class. He could see the depth of colors in Penelope's eyes and how her blond hair looks golden under the lights in the room. In short, to Jared, Penelope looked like a goddess.

Then, as soon as the glance began, Penelope left the room, taking a paper out which indicated the rest of the classes that she had. With Jared's enhanced sight, he could see what was on the paper, and he smiled to himself. Fate was working with him. He had every class with her, and it made Jared feel as though luck was on his side.

Then, when Penelope left, he gathered his things and got ready with newfound excitement.