23

The couple was still kissing, but then all of a sudden Jared's phone had begun to ring, causing him to pull away from the kiss

When Jared had looked down to see who was calling him, he had furrowed his eyebrows when he saw that it was Sam Uley who was calling him. 

There would be no reason as to why he would call, and it did not pass through Jared's mind of what the possibilities could be for why the call was going to occur.

"Yeah Sam, what's going on?" Jared stated. 

He was breathless from the kiss, but not to the extent that someone would realize that he was breathless in the first place.

"Jared I don't care where you are, I don't know what you're doing, you have to go to the hospital right away," Sam spoke. 

He seemed as though he was worried about what was occurring. Jared had furrowed his eyebrows, and Penelope just sat in front of him.

"Why do I need to come to the hospital?" Jared asked. 

When Jared had asked that question, Penelope's head snapped words in where Jared's general direction was. No longer looking down due to her shyness, rather she was more concerned about what was going on. She was confused as to why the person that she had bonded with was somewhere in a situation that required a hospital.

"Jared I did something incredibly stupid," Sam had cried into the phone. 

He sounded as though he was beating himself up of what was going on, and Jared had thus thought to himself as to why he would act this way, and the only reason that he could think of was that something was wrong with Emily. 

With that, Jared's attention was once again given to Sam.

"Sam, what did you do?" Jared asked very hesitantly. 

To an outsider, it would seem as though he was approaching an animal that would at one point attack in an instant. Therefore Jared had to act in a way that would not allow for Sam's anger to come out.

"I just got so mad about something, and it turned into a wolf," Sam started. 

No one had seen this side of Sam, and this side was one that was full of sadness.

"Emily came to try to calm me down, I don't know why she even tried," Sam had then begun to laugh without any emotion in his tone. 

To Jared, he was, even more, scarier than before. What did Sam do that was so bad?

That question was answered in what Sam had said next,

"I hurt her in my wolf form," Sam stated. 

He then, for the first time had begun to break down. Jared did not know how to process this since this was the first time that something like this it happened, and the Wolfpack was relatively new to on the basis of the people there and it was not as though they were full experts, therefore they were still new to a lot of things.

"You hurt her as a wolf?" Jared said out of pure shock. 

He did not expect this to be the reason as to why something like this was going on, he thought maybe a leech might've hurt Emily and that he needed to go and see what was going on. 

He never would've imagined that a wolf could do this.

"The elders think it was some fluke accident, that I was so out of control I didn't realize who was there, and I think that's true," Sam added on. 

Jared had nodded his head out of pure instinct, agreeing with what his alpha has said. Believing that was the only possible reason as to why an imprinter would hurt their imprint.

"What do you need me to do?" Jared asked at this time.

Jared would do anything for his Alpha. Sam had sighed once again and replied,

 "I need you to go to the hospital right now, and I need to figure out what is going on with my wolf," Sam said.

 He sounded as though he was incredibly frustrated, and Jared understood why this was happening in the first place, therefore he nodded and then hit his head out of pure stupidity and it was not as though Sam could see the actions that he was making, therefore he replied,

"I'm going to right now, and I'll tell you exactly what's going on," Jared said.

What Jared did not take into account was Penelope sitting in front of him, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, and waiting for an explanation.