28

Emily has slowly begun to regain her strength, though there would always be permanent scars across her face

Emily has slowly begun to regain her strength, though there would always be permanent scars across her face. The scars would be a constant reminder to Sam, to always remain in control. 

This is also giving him even more of a motivation to protect his imprint even more than before. Penelope's world had twisted and changed completely, she found out about werewolves, and she had kissed her crush. 

Well, more than a crush.

Jared was more helpful in this process than ever,

Penelope knew that if she did not have Jared by her side, she would have not coped with finding out all this new information about this world. Ever since Penelope had confessed her feelings for each other, and they had kissed, they had been inseparable. 

At the time now, it was as though you would see one and you would know that the other word shortly follow. They were not willing to separate from each other, and it was cute at first, but now it had become much more desperate.

At the moment though, Jared and Penelope were cuddling on the couch. 

Penelope laying on top of Jared's chest. There was little to no space between them, and Penelope had become much more comfortable around Jared since he confessed his feelings for her. 

Her feelings are solidified in her mind now, and she was comfortable with that. There was nothing holding her back at the moment, and she was happy about that. 

Jared was calm around her, and he was patient around her. That was something that she was incredibly thankful for.

"Penelope?" Jared asked one day. 

Things were starting to calm down a little bit more, and there were no new members to the pack. It was much easier to talk about things at Sam's house since Penelope had known their little secret now. 

They are much more open about a lot of things, not hiding a lot. Emily was especially happy that Penelope had known, she had someone who she could relate to, even though Penelope had not known about the imprinting yet.

"We need to talk about something else," Jared stated.

What Jared had said had caused Penelope to raise her head from Jared's chest, to look at him directly. It was not as though to talk about anything important anymore, she believes that everything that Jared had to tell her was told at the hospital. 

Though, the one secret that he had kept from her was imprinting. The fact that he had imprinted on her. He didn't know if you could say, telling Penelope about werewolves was enough, and now he did not want to dump anything else on her.

"What is it?" Penelope asked. 

She was genuinely confused about what Jared wanted to talk about. It was not as though they were both unhappy, and Penelope was in a state of bliss. 

Though, Penelope was starting to doubt the relationship. It could be a possibility that Jared was not happy, and that he wanted to break up with her. Without Penelope knowing about the imprint bond, doubts had begun to easily become implanted in her head.

"I imprinted on you!" Jared spoke loudly, causing Penelope to look at him in confusion.