Chapter 43: Day Before Disaster

Y/N Pov

Elder Kai: Wait, so Majin Buu is good now?

Y/N: Yeah. I know it sounds crazy, but he relies on eating normal candy now. Babidi is dead, along with Dabura. And now... The universe is safe!

Both of us were sitting down with our legs crossed. If you didn't know, a few hours ago, I pulled out the Z-Sword and instantly broke it in two. And thus came out Elder Kai. From what he told me, he was the original Supreme Kai before an old lady fused with him with the Potara Earrings. He was sealed inside the sword by an ancient enemy he had the strength to defeat... but he sealed him before Elder Kai could destroy him... I knew Beerus was the one who did that.

'Potara Earrings...'

He said that the Potara Earrings are used to fuse two beings into one. One person has to attach an earring to their left ear and the other person to their right. The person they fuse into is stronger, smarter, faster and more powerful than the both of them. The Fusion's personality isn't mixed like everything else is... The one with the more dominant personality is who's the Fusion gets. Not just that they're bodies mix, but their outfits.

If the Potara Earrings are used by the Gods, the Fusion will last forever. But if two Mortals fuse, the Fusion lasts for an hour. If the Fusion of two Mortals can achieve transformations, their period of time will shorten drastically. 

He also told me that he can unlock 100% of someone's potential as a fighter. He offered me to unlock my potential... I declined. I wanted to unlock my own potential, in my own time, in my own way.

Elder Kai: Y/N... I want to say... Thank you for freeing me from my prison. I am eternaly grateful... If you need me to do anything, just ask.

He stood up and smiled.

Elder Kai: I can't wait to see the Supreme Kai's reaction when he sees me... I gotta go now.

He waved at me before walking towards the direction of the other Kais... I felt bad for him. I don't know what it's like to be inprisoned as you wait for someone to let you out... 

At first when he came out. He acted arrogant. Like he was on top of the world and I was at the bottom... When I told him that I freed him, knowing that I had to destroy the Z-Sword in order to do it... His entire personality changed. He was kind, friendly and grateful...

I sighed. I slowly placed two fingers on my forehead before teleporting myself to the Wasteland... More specifically... I was in front of Gero's lab.

I looked at my wrist as I bent it a little... Yep... They are still burned to a crisp. My veins were pure black... Damnit... How could I be so stupid to push my limits like that? For the past day, I felt stomach pain and at some point... Blood trickled down my chest, arms and back. I tried my best to hide it from everyone... But of course... Whis found out.

He told me that I shouldn't use the flame for the next month. That I should give it time to heal itself, along with my body. He told me that if I went past my limit again... My body won't be able to resist the flame... It will just slowly melt as the flame desintegrates me...

I looked at so many futures and I couldn't find a cure for my condition...

'I won't be able to be keep up with them at this rate...'

I started walking into the lab... Everything looked rusty, dusty and dirty. Well, of course it is. There isn't an Android here to clean it all... At least there isn't one right now. At the center of the lab was a giant computer filled with cobwebs. There were ripped wires and metal all around it.