Chapter 60: Facade

Gohan's Pov 

Time: 8 PM at night

I was training in the middle of the forest, mainly to get myself back in shape. After fighting Lavender, I noticed how rusty I've become. I don't want to become a burden in the tournament... Which is only a day away.

Before this, I trained with Piccolo. We tried to push my limits. I haven't transformed Super Saiyan in a long time, it was a little hard, but I succeeded. I tried to go to the next level... but I couldn't. No matter how hard I tried,  We gave up and moved on to regular training. Even after that training, I felt weak. Something told me that I was just going to be in the way of my team if I didn't achieve something that I could in the past.

I clenched my fists and roared as a yellow aura surrounded me. My hair turned yellow and my eyes turned green. But I wasn't trying to turn Super Saiyan. The ground cracked beneath me as blue bolts of lightning started surrounding me. 

Gohan: Come on! Put... in... more... power!!

With one final roar, my hair spiked as a giant gush of wind blew from me and hit the trees around me, almost ripping them apart. I fell on my knee and panted, sweat dripping from my forehead. After catching my breath, I stood up and looked at my hands.

'I barely transformed... And I don't feel as strong as I once was..!'

I balled my fists in rage.

*CLAP CLAP CLAP*

???: Wonderful! I never thought I'd see you in that form again.

I turned to the source of the sound and saw a silhouette of a person. There was a faint red glow coming from their left eye. My eyes widened when the person walked towards me, away from the shadows of the trees.

Gohan: Dad?!

Y/N: What? Surprised to see your adoptive father after disappearing for six days?

He smiled brightly as he hugged me. I didn't hug back. I was still in shock from him suddenly appearing. Mom and I gathered warriors for the tournament while he was gone. She told me that he was gonna recruit four of them, including me. He didn't come back for hours and I couldn't sense his KI, so I thought something bad happened to him.

Once I came to my sense I pushed him off me. 

Gohan: W-Where have you been?! 

.

.

.

My anger increased. I clenched my fists, ready to pummel him. He sighed...

Y/N: Listen, I know how much pain I've caused. There is a reason to why I left. I don't expect forgiveness from you or Goten or Goki-

Gohan: Why did you leave? We were really worried about you!

Y/N: I can't tell you.

Gohan: Why not? 

At that moment, his eyes turned red. A giant gust of wind blew from him in all directions. The grass touching his boots ignited. After a few seconds, he huffed as one of his eyes turned back to normal and the ominous heat vanished. He looked away from me and frowned.

Y/N: I just can't... No matter how much you ask me... 

He sighed again as the saddened look on his face vanished. He smiled.