Chapter 48: "You can't save them."

Y/N Pov

My legs were crossed as I was sitting on the mattress. The room's walls were metal along with the floor. My bandaged chest was covered with a green shirt. Unfortunently, they couldn't find a spare pair of pants. I was patiently waiting for her to come back.

.

.

.

.

Bardock: So... We just wait for Kakarotta and the others to come back?

I sighed.

Y/N: Kind of. We don't know when they'll come back and I can't hide here forever. Black will most likely sense my KI soon. I can wear out Zamasu, until he's barely able to fight... But I don't know about her. She had Martial Arts training ever since she was little and she's much stronger than me. 

Bardock: I don't think she's the main problem... It's those blades. You can't consistantly dodge them. Sooner or later you will get either cut or stabbed... Irritating weapons. Never liked them.

I laid down on the mattress. I heard springs squish underneath me.

Y/N: Me neither.

.

.

.

Y/N: There is one thing I don't understand. If she killed most of the Mortals... wouldn't have the Gods erased her by now? I know she has the Time Ring, but it still doesn't make sense...

*CREAK*

I looked to my left to see the metal door creak open. It revealed a woman with long black hair and a green beanie. She looked like a soldier. She also held a loaf of bread.

 She also held a loaf of bread

Mai: Sorry for the wait. This is all we have left.

From what I've heard, she is Y/N's long time friend. That's all I know about their relationship... 

'If only I had my Future Vision...'

She walked up to me and handed it to me. I sat up and took it... I had a look of concern upon realising what she said. I looked at her.

Y/N: "All we have left"? You mean this is the last bit of food?

Mai: Yes, for now. The hunters will come back in a few hours with some more. 

She said as she held her forearm. I saw her action. I shook my head before holding the bread in front of her.

Y/N: Take it. The people need it.

Flashback

I put my hand down and opened my eyes. Just as I thought... There were about a hundred people closed in one room. There was a steel door that had an exit sign over it. Two guards were pointing their rifles at the door, ready to shoot whoever came through.