Chapter 61: Guilt

Y/N Pov

Standing on the grassy hill, I cupped my hands together before the rain filled my hands. I washed my face, slightly refreshing myself. I took a deep breath and exhaled. I looked at the distant city, West City. I started walk-

???: Y/N?

I shivered... T... That voice. It was from someone I love dearly... My eyes widened and my pupils shrunk when I realised who it was. My calm posture shattered just from her saying my name. 

Goki: I-I...Is that you, Y-Y-Y/N?

Her voice cracked and stuttered. I could feel the amount of sadness she's in. I clenched my fists, fighting back the urge to comfort her. 

'I can't waste my time on this.'

I extended my index and middle finger... But... I couldn't bring them up to my forehead. It would be too cruel to leave while she is in the state she is now... Too cruel. I slowly turned around... She stood a few feet away, her pajamas soaked wet. Poor Goki... as soon as Hercule told her about me, she rushed out of bed to find me.

She started walking towards me... The nearer she got, the more things I notice about her. She has tear stains on her cheeks... she was crying all the way... Her build was thinner... She wasn't eating as much as she does. My eyes flashed red. I made her cry so many times... But this... This... This is just the worst... 

She stood in front of me. She raised her hands up to my face, inspecting my features. I saw her eyes light up for a moment, before they turned into a deadly glare. She pulled her hand back.

*SLAP*

My cheek turned red from her ferocious slap. I wish my head came off... After all, I deserve it for making her like this. She had her fists clenched as she kept her glare at me, waiting for me to say something... I opened my mouth and tried to form words, but I couldn't. 

Y/N: I... 

.

.

Y/N: I...

.

.

I couldn't conjure a sentence. The guilt wouldn't let me... so I gave up trying by looking away from her. She suddenly hugged me.

Goki: Please just... p-promise me you'll never leave me.

.

.

She started sobbing into my shoulder. Her grip was stronger... I couldn't fight it anymore, I returned the embrace.

.

.

.

Y/N: Goki... I-

I sensed a big yellow wave heading for us. I instantly pushed Goki off me before the it reached us. The blast hit me, exploding me away. I flew through the air before I crashed into a pillar of rocks. I landed on the ground as the rocks piled on top of me.

'...'

In this timeline, Vegeta comes moments after Goki does. Hercule didn't just call Goki, but him also. Normally, Vegeta wouldn't waste a second on worrying about me, BUT. If you damage the Saiyan Prince's pride in some way, he is bound get back at you some day. This is one of those days.

I moved the rocks off me before I got up. The blast launched me far since I'm in the wasteland... He stood in front of me, fists clenched, teeth grit, and ready to fight.