IV

Unsure of how to truly feel, Scorpius trudged onto Platform Nine and Three Quarters, pushing his trolley along as he half-heartedly listened to his fathers giving him advice.

"Don't get on Filch's bad side, " advised Draco, puckering his pale, pink lips slightly.

"Not that it's any different from his good side, mind you, " Harry added as an undertone to Scorpius, who laughed quietly. "But do watch out for Peeves. He's a nasty bugger when provoked."

"Yes, " Draco agreed. "What with your amazing personality and shining reputation when we were seventeen, Peeves was a mosquito."

Harry ignored him and Scorpius as they shared a laugh. "And make sure you don't cause any trouble. Dumbledore's nearly had it up there with your brother."

"Hey!" Albus snapped, glaring at his father. "It's not my fault that everything interesting happens at two."

"In the morning, " sighed Draco, "and in an empty corridor."

"Keep that up and you may get kicked off the Quidditch team."

Albus grinned smugly. "I'm the Seeker. And, unlike you, I won the Cup last year."

Harry pursed his lips and told Scorpius, "Don't act like your brother."

Scorpius laughed when Albus, who was standing behind Harry, mocked him silently. He, Albus, grinned when Scorpius laughed. The train's whistle blew and Albus ran off in the direction of an open door, where he began to pull his things through.

Nervously, Scorpius hugged Draco, biting the inside of his cheek when he whispered, "Do try to branch out a bit, Scorpius. Remember to write."

Harry hugged him next, patting his back, which reassured the blonde boy somewhat. "Be good."

"It's not like I'm blowing the place up."

"Just making sure, Scorp." Draco smiled and Scorpius allowed them each a quick kiss on the cheek before walking to the train. "Think he'll be okay?"

Harry looked up at him. "I hope so. He's so quiet. . .I'm afraid somebody's going to push him over if he lets them." Draco held Harry's hand, both feeling a bit anxious. "Albus will help him, though. We shouldn't worry much."

Aboard the Hogwarts Express, Scorpius struggled to find a compartment. Excited whispers followed him as we went farther and farther down the train. He found his brother in a compartment with one other person; a boy with brown-red hair and a gangly looking body.

He opened the compartment door and the boy looked up. Scorpius noticed that his eyes were an odd colour. Blue and brown, but they looked. . .frightening. Albus also looked up. "Hey, Scorpius."

"Hey, " mumbled the boy. "Can I sit here?"

"Yeah, man, " Albus grinned, waving his hand. "Sit down and relax."

"Thanks, "

He stowed his trunk in the storage compartment, stroking his owl through the cage bars. The boy with Albus said, "I'm Erick Weasley. Albus speaks fondly of you."

" 'Lo. I'm Scorpius, " he said, so quietly that it was a miracle the boy, Erick, could hear him. But he did.

"Nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand and Scorpius shook his hand. A jolt went through his arm, but the other boy didn't even notice Scorpius jump.

He quickly pulled his hand away, sitting back quietly. Albus asked, "Are you excited, Scorp?"

"Yeah, "

"Are you pegging for Slytherin too?" Erick asked.

Scorpius shrugged. "I dunno, really,  " he mumbled. "I might want Ravenclaw."

Albus scoffed. "Brainiac. He's really smart, though, " he added to Erick Weasley.

Erick looked at Scorpius and his eyebrows knitted together. Albus often told him that his younger brother was quiet, but he never imagined that he would be nervous just around new people. He glanced at Albus, who seemed unworried.

When the train stopped, Scorpius made his way off the train, hearing Hagrid, a friend of his fathers, calling, "Firs' years! Firs' years, this way!"

Scorpius felt Albus clap his back as he walked unhurriedly to the boats, trying not to listen to the whispers that followed. A girl with strawberry red hair looked at him and said, "You're Scorpius Malfoy."

"Yes. So?"

"I'm Violet Weasley, " she said, blinking quickly. Scorpius noticed that her eyes were the shade of her name. Teddy's eyes were like that, but he chose for them to be like that.

"You don't happen to be related to Erick Weasley, do you?"

Violet smiled. "He's my older brother. Did you meet him?"

"I guess he's mates with my older brother. Albus is his name."

Violet nodded and smiled again. "I like your hair."

"Er, thanks, " he muttered, running a hand through his pale-blonde hair. When they made it to the castle, Scorpius' anxiety returned as McGonagall gave them the sorting speech. Violet whispered encouragement to him as his breathing quickened. They walked to the Great Hall and Scorpius awaited his fate.

Finally---"Malfoy, Scorpius!"

Gulping, Scorpius stumbled up to the stool, knocking it over and sending the Sorting Hat flying through the air and landing at Professor Dumbledore's feet. There was a ripple of laughter and, with a slight smile, the elderly man picked up the frayed and tattered hat and handed it to McGonagall. Scorpius felt his face burn as he put the hat on his head.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Sorting Hat declared. Malfoy let out a breath, hearing loud cheering from the Gryffindor table as he walked over. He sat down, biting his lip whenever Violet Weasley was called and the Hat said, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Smiling widely, she sat next to Scorpius, telling him, "Looks like we're meant to be friends."

He smiled. "That sounds nice. Am I obligated to be with you every second of every day?"

"Of course!" she said, clapping her hands together as food appeared on the golden platters in front of them and the flagons filled the pumpkin juice. "But you have to help me with school work. There's a reason I'm not in Ravenclaw."

Scorpius shook his head. "There must be a reason I'm not in Ravenclaw either."

"Yeah, but that's only because the Sorting Hat knows I need you."

Scorpius laughed and nodded. "Of course, Miss Weasley. What if I'm as bad as you must be?"

Violet laughed and they dug into their food, telling each other quiet jokes and erupting in laughter. As Scorpius went to bed, he smiled to himself. He had found a friend, one that was kind and who didn't poke fun at him. He sighed, rolling over and falling asleep.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!

Time After Everything || a Sequel to Saving MyselfOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara