XXXVI

With a gasp, Scorpius' eyes shot open. His heart was racing, pounding in his chest. His migraine was a familiar ache in his temples, making him groan.

For a moment, Scorpius let himself relax against his blanket before recollections of what happened earlier shot through his mind's eye at top speed.

Teddy talking to him, holding his shirt out to him. Teddy climbing through his window. Teddy's arms around his own, keeping him grounded. Grabbing the glass. Throwing it at Draco. Losing consciousness.

Scorpius sat up, letting his legs dangle from the side of his bed.

"Good evening, sunshine, " a voice said from his desk. Quickly, Scorpius turned, seeing the guy Teddy had been sitting with when he had come back from Erick's. "Want some Lucky Charms?"

Scorpius narrowed his silver eyes. "You're. . .Oliver, right?" he asked. "Teddy mentioned you."

He blushed, straightening his glasses. Clearing his throat, he said, "And you're Scorpius. I like that name."

Scorpius sighed. "Look, I'm sorry. I---I don't know what---"

Oliver waved a hand. "It's fine. Teddy's just waiting for you to wake up. It's just been a few hours, so you haven't missed much."

Scorpius swallowed. "Where is he, anyway? Teddy."

Oliver replied, "He's downstairs talking to your parents. Just trying to figure out what's going to happen next."

"W---with me?" Scorpius asked, his voice higher than it should have been. "What're they planning?"

Oliver put a hand on Scorpius' arm, but the blonde shook it off. "Nothing bad. It's nothing bad. I promise."

Though he didn't like the idea of Teddy downstairs with Draco and Harry, Scorpius looked at Oliver. His eyes were a dark green, like the skin of an avocado. Scorpius turned, looking down at his hands.

"Hey, now, " Oliver said sternly. "Teddy's just trying to help. And your parents." Scorpius said nothing, looking away from Oliver.

When the door opened, Scorpius looked over, seeing Harry had poked his head in. "Hey, " he said, looking at Oliver, he added, "Teddy asked me to get you for him. He's talking to Draco in the kitchen."

Oliver stood, taking the box of cereal with him. Giving Scorpius another pat on his shoulder, Oliver left and Harry stepped into Scorpius' room.

"May I?" he asked, motioning to Scorpius' bed. He waited for the blonde to slowly nod before sitting beside him. They sat in awkward silence for a little while with Scorpius wringing his hands and Harry tapping his fingers. Neither seemed to be able to stay still.

"What is it?" Scorpius asked. "What's Teddy and Draco planning?"

"Nothing, " Harry said quickly.

Scorpius scoffed and looked away.

"Scorpius, I'm sorry." Harry sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I don't want to act like I know what's going on. Nobody did that for me. They ignored me."

"Are you saying something's wrong with me?"

Harry shook his head. "When I was around your age, I had a few things wrong with me. I won't get into specifics, but I almost. . ." he swallowed. "I almost killed myself." A tear slid down his cheek as he looked away from Scorpius, who watched him carefully. "I hurt myself. Not a lot, but. . .enough to ground me."

"Does Draco know?"

Harry shook his head. "I never let him know. But I tried to jump from the Astronomy Tower at Hogwarts when we were seventeen."