XXXVII

Sipping his coffee, Harry was making Scorpius' breakfast, not giving him too much food as Teddy had advised. He spread some strawberry jam on a few pieces of toast, frowning when Draco took the plate from him.

"I'll bring it to him."

Harry said, "You can't. Teddy told us."

"I'm his father. I think I know what's best for him."

"Teddy's trained for these kind of things, Draco, " Harry snapped. "He knows what to do."

Draco furrowed his eyebrows, saying, "I. . .he's my son."

Harry wrapped his arms around Draco, telling him, "I know, dear. But he needs time. And Teddy's going to help him."

Draco sighed. "Ask him if he's alright for me, okay?"

Harry kissed his jaw, reassuring him as he took the plate from his hands. Walking upstairs, he knocked on Scorpius' door, waiting for him to give permission before entering. But his radio was turned up so loudly that Harry doubted that he heard.

Turning the doorknob, Harry walked in, his emerald eyes widening behind his glasses. Just yesterday, Scorpius' room had been so dishevelled that Harry could hardly focus on Scorpius. His A.D.H.D. had a field day trying to look at everything.

But, now the room was nearly spotless aside from the carvings in the walls and his desk and dresser were still a mess. On his bed, there was the bloody shirt and on the side that was between the window and the bed, trash was piled up.

"Scorp!" Harry said loudly, but the blonde didn't hear him over the Wizarding Wireless Radio he had gotten a few years ago. Harry turned the volume knob down and Scorpius' head whipped around, dropping his armful of clothes. "Hey, I brought you something to eat."

"Oh." He bit his lip, looking at the plate that Harry set down on his desk. "I'm not that hungry."

"It's not too much, " Harry told him. "Just enough to get you by until lunch."

Scorpius frowned when Harry picked up the blood-stained shirt. "Put that down. Please."

Harry asked, "Do you want me to throw this out?" Scorpius nodded. "Are you doing okay?"

Scorpius shrugged, replying, "I guess. I'm tired, not hungry." Waving his hands over his head as if bees were buzzing around him, Scorpius added, "And I don't want to eat." Pushing the plate towards Harry, he went back over to his dresser, picking through the trash.

Harry watched him for a moment before telling him, "I'll be downstairs if you need me, okay?" When Scorpius didn't reply, he blinked. "Or you can talk to Albus."

"Okay."

"Do you need anything else before I go?"

"No." He reached over, turning the volume back up on his radio, as a song by the Hobgoblins began. "Bye." He frowned when Harry didn't close his bedroom door when he left.

The only reason Scorpius was cleaning his room was because he was trying to get rid of the jittery feeling that resided in his stomach.

Taking a breath, he left his room making sure Draco wasn't in the hallway before shipping out, walking silently over to Albus' room. He opened the door without knocking, finding Albus sitting on his bed, his quill between his teeth and parchment in front of him.

Albus frowned, saying in an annoyed tone, "You could knock, ya'know."

Scorpius rolled his eyes, knocking in the door frame. "Do you have a share bag?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Can I borrow it?"

Albus nodded and stood, rummaging in his closet. He handed Scorpius a black duffle bag, saying, "Don't mess it up."