XLI

Oliver Whitney was pouring himself a bowl of cereal, straightening his glasses. The last few days had been. . .odd, to say the least.

Firstly, he had been with Teddy, meeting his godparents and his godson. But that had quickly turned into something else. Then, he was dropping Teddy off at an abandoned warehouse with Scorpius Malfoy.

But, aside from that, Oliver had found Draco and Harry Malfoy-Potter quite nice, even funny. Granted, he had been nervous, hearing all about Draco and how he allegedly saved the wizarding world, which Oliver had only just found out about a few months ago.

He sat on the couch, flipping through the television channels aimlessly, sighing. He heard the front door open and he lifted his head, walking over to peek from behind the doorway. "Babe, I wasn't sure if you wanted takeaway or---" he began, but he trailed off when his eyes landed, not on Teddy, but on a redheaded boy not much younger than him, a cardboard box the size of a milk crate in his arms. "You're not babe."

The front door opened again and Teddy walked through, carrying another milk crate-sized box. "Hey, Olly."

"Hey, Teddy, " he nodded. "Who's this?"

"Erick, " the redhead said, shifting the box into one arm, reaching the other out to shake Oliver's hand. "Uh, Weasley."

"Hello, "  Oliver muttered shyly, shaking Erick's hand. He turned to Teddy, then back to Erick. "Want something to eat? We've got the best cereal this side of Bath."

Apprehensively, Erick shifted. "I wouldn't want to burden you. Really, this was Teddy's idea---"

"He's Scorp's boyfriend, " interjected Teddy, who had pulled out his wand, tapping the box in his arms, making it to the size of a cigar box. "And I think he should stay here for a bit, yeah? Erick, do you mind staying here so that I can talk to Olly? You can make yourself at home."

"I don't mind."

Oliver asked, "Who is he? I mean, besides Scorp's boyfriend." He wrung his hands together as he spoke, his nervousness getting the better of him.

Teddy rubbed his jaw, something he did when he was nervous. "Well. . ." he began. "He gets through to Scorp. He even got him to eat and told him some of the things I need to know so that I can help him." He grinned, adding "And he got evicted, so. . .I'm helping him help Scorp."

"What's that mean, exactly?"

Teddy tapped Olly's cheek before saying, "Erick's the only person Scorpius wants to see. But he doesn't want people knowing about the two of them."

Oliver sighed. "You're sure this is a good idea?"

"Nope." Teddy cupped his face, running his thumb along the thin, almost nonexistent scar on Olly's cheek. "But you trust me."

"Now you're just being a jerk." He grinned as Teddy dipped his head just a bit, kissing Oliver softly for just a moment before pulling away. "I love you, " said Olly his hand over Teddy's.

"I love you too." He pulled back, asking, "Can you keep him company while I bring his things to the guest room?"

"Of course, " muttered the dark-haired boy under his breath. Together, they walked back into the sitting room, where Teddy asked, "Can I see that box?"

The redhead swallowed. "I can take them---"

"Nonsense, " said Teddy. "Guests don't carry their things by themselves. I'll get your room ready while you get something to eat."

He frowned as Teddy shrunk the box in Erick's arms, taking it from him. "I. . ." he sighed, "Okay, then."

He looked at Oliver, who had a shy grin on his face. He motioned for Erick to follow him, telling him, "Call me Olly. Do you want anything to eat? A snack, perhaps?"

Time After Everything || a Sequel to Saving Myselfजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें