XXXIX

Scorpius didn't sleep a wink. All night long, he stared up at the ceiling, the voices in his head louder than they should have been.

Astoria's voice said to him, Open up, Scorpius. Teddy's trying his hardest to help you.

"I know, " Scorpius sighed. "But he's just going to tell me that Draco didn't do this to you. He already thinks that I'm mad."

He wants the best for you.

"That would be to have Draco gone and you here, Astoria."

What about Harry? Or Albus?

Scorpius didn't answer, blinking. It wasn't as if Scorpius hated Albus and Harry. Yes, he was uncomfortable around them both, but he liked them a bit more than certain people.

However, it didn't matter. Draco had them brainwashed, thinking that he was innocent.

The door opened and Scorpius didn't look over, frowning at the window. He hadn't noticed how so much time had passed, as now it was morning. Teddy, dressed in his green robes, carried a plate and a glass with him. But Scorpius knew the cup and plate were both plastic.

Scorpius shut his eyes when he heard Teddy say, "You've got to eat something, Scorpius."

The blonde swallowed. He didn't open his eyes, but he shook his head. "I'm not hungry."

"You came here almost two days ago. And you haven't eaten at all. Harry and Al want to visit and---"

"I don't want to see them."

Teddy tried to touch his arm, but Scorpius shook him off. "Scorp, you can't just---"

"I'll do what I want!" he snapped, turning away. He chewed on his thumbnail, Draco's voice saying, A shame, really. He's trying to help you and you push him away. Just like me. He began to move his hands up to cover his ears, but he stopped.

Teddy's face was in front of his face and his lips moved, but Scorpius couldn't hear his voice. Instead, he heard a mixture of Draco's voice and Astoria's.

He wants to help---

Erick tried to help, didn't he? Look what you---

---and Teddy loves you. So does your family---

It was better before you, Draco's voice told him. Now, we're all stuck with you. Including Erick. He was quick to get rid of you, wasn't he? After he found out.

Scorpius blinked, tears stinging his eyes. Teddy was shaking him slightly, his purple eyes filled with concern. "Scorp, look at me. Look up."

Scorpius blinked again, his mercury eyes tired. "Huh?" But, when Teddy began to talk, his eyes grew heavy. He was so tired. He felt like he was going to pass out from sheer exhaustion.

But his head hurt so bad that he wasn't sure how long he would be able to sleep for. Scorpius' breathing was rapid but shallow, making his head spin more than it already was.

Teddy was telling him something.

Draco's voice said, Even Teddy thinks you're mad. He's only helping you because he's doing me a favour.

Scorpius' throat burned and he barely had enough time to rush into the small bathroom, vomiting into the toilet. There was almost no warning before he slid to the ground, everything turning to black as Teddy's voice shouted to him, hands cradling his head gently.

וווווווווווווו×

Erick missed Scorpius. His bed felt too big for him alone and waited day and night for Scorpius' letter. It had only been three days since he left, but it felt like months.