IX

Scorpius smiled shyly. "But you don't have people watching you."

"What do you mean?" Erick asked him, holding his hand. His hand was soft and smaller than his own.

Scorpius looked away, out onto the Black Lake. "It's just that. . .everywhere I go, people watch me. They expect me to live up to my father's name, but. . ." he shook his head. "It isn't a big deal. I'm just being silly."

"No, what do you mean?"

Scorpius shook his head again. "It's nothing. I'm just overthinking again."

Erick looked down at Scorpius, who looked a bit sad. He wanted to keep asking him questions until he got his answers, but Scorpius stood, brushing his pants off. "We should get going. It's late and we have classes in the morning."

"Scorpius, wait---" Erick tried to reach for the blonde, but he was already out of reach. He left the tower quickly, walking briskly and hoping that Erick wouldn't follow him. When he was safely in his bed, he buried himself in his blankets and pillows.

Secretly, he hoped to drown himself in the cotton.

The next night, Erick made Scorpius jump again when he touched his shoulder. "Hey, " he said. "How was your day?"

Scorpius raised an eyebrow but smiled. "It was fine."

"Just fine?" Erick chuckled, "Not fun or, or amazing?"

"Just fine, " he told Erick, biting his bottom lip as he grinned. Erick had to stop himself from bowling over Scorpius, who would certainly turn red in the face. "Nothing really interesting happened."

Erick grinned. "Sorry I couldn't make it better."

"Hm, " hummed Scorpius. "You couldn't have done that without us getting found out."

Erick smirked devilishly and Scorpius tried not to blush profusely. "Oh, really?" Erick whispered, his voice dripping with something Scorpius couldn't name. "And what would that be?"

Scorpius sucked in a breath. "Er, well. . .I---I mean, it's not---"

Erick glanced at Scorpius' lips briefly. "Would that be related to me kissing you somehow? Or something more?"

"Something more, " squeaked the Gryffindor boy as Erick dipped his head. Erick wet his lips a bit, kissing Scorpius with a bit more urgency than the other two times. This time, he tugged on Scorpius' bottom lip with his teeth, wanting entrance.

Scorpius gave it up gladly, wrapping his arms around Erick Weasley's neck as Erick kissed him. He pressed against Erick, loving the way he smelled and the way his hands touched him. Erick's tongue ran along the roof of his mouth, sending a violent shiver through Scorpius' body.

So soft. . .Scorpius thought to himself as he gripped at Erick's hair. He tilted his head just as Erick trailed his lips down Scorpius' neck, allowing him more room to roam.

He started behind his ear, kissing softly. When Scorpius accidentally let out a prolonged, breathy stream of air, Erick smirked. He kissed the spot again, and this time, he sucked the skin just a bit, even biting it.

"So fucking soft, " he whispered as Erick kissed him again. This time, he let Scorpius kiss him back before pulling away.

וווווווווווווו×

"Hey, dumb-arse, "

"Leave me alone, " Scorpius pleaded. He was alone in the library, but he knew that Daniel Cormac wouldn't try anything with Madam Pince standing behind the library desk. "I'm not in the mood."

Cormac's laugh made Scorpius look down. "Just because your daddy is the Chosen One, doesn't mean you get respect."

"Actually---"

"And just because you've got something wrong with you doesn't mean that you're off-limits."

Scorpius felt tears prickle his eyes. It hadn't been an easy year for him with bullies like Cormac. Whenever he was around, Scorpius felt a dip in his mood.

Cormac snickered. "Have fun with your girlfriend, retard." And he left with that comment, though nobody made a move to sit next to him.

Scorpius didn't tell anybody about the bullies he had to deal with. He didn't tell Albus, who was sure to not understand, as he was popular and liked by almost anyone. He didn't tell his father or Harry, fearing they would try to make it better.

And he sure wouldn't tell Erick Weasley. He was a hot-headed boy and Scorpius often overheard other students speaking of how he broke a Ravenclaw boy's nose after he laughed at Erick's failed potion last year. Another time, he broke a Gryffindor boy's arm during a particularly intense brawl in the Great Hall two years ago.

When Scorpius was around Draco and Harry, he withdrew himself. He didn't spend as much time with them as he used to, fearing that if he stayed with them too long, he would break down and tell them everything. 

Scorpius made his way back to Gryffindor Tower, where Violet and Lee Fletcher would be waiting for him beside the fireplace. He yelped from surprise when he was yanked into a cupboard full of cleaning supplies. "Wh---"

"Shh, " a familiar voice hissed. In the dim light of a wand, Scorpius could make out Erick Weasley's brown-blue eyes. "Just me."

"What are you doing?" Scorpius whispered. "Somebody could have seen."

"I know, I'm sorry, " he said softly. Scorpius tried not to focus on how Erick's hands were under his robes, playing with the fabric of Scorpius' shirt. "I just wanted to see you."

"You see me in the halls, " Scorpius pointed out. "And every night."

"Yeah, well, " Erick said a bit dryly, "I just. . .wanted to kiss you again. And hear your voice." He leaned down, kissing Scorpius quickly before adding, "Here, I'll let you go, alright?"

Scorpius grinned up at him. "I'll see you tonight?"

" 'Course, "

Scorpius pulled him down by the front of his robes for another stolen kiss before leaving the cupboard with a wide grin that would surely hurt later.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!