XIII

Scorpius blinked awake slowly, noticing that his head was resting on Erick's thigh. His mouth was just inches away from his stomach. His lips were dry as he poked his tongue through them. He shut his silver eyes again.

Images of the night before flashed in his mind's eye; Erick's teeth on his skin, Erick's eyelids fluttering long after Scorpius', Erick whispering in his ear.

"You like being told that you're doing well, don't you?"

Scorpius shivered involuntarily when he remembered Erick's husky voice from last night. He felt a hand on his shoulder and something covered him up. The sweet, oaky scent of Erick's cologne filled his senses and Scorpius opened his tired eyes the tiniest bit, seeing that Erick's grey dress robes were laid across him.

Beneath him, Erick shifted slowly, still thinking that Scorpius was asleep. Scorpius only opened his eyes when Erick's nimble fingers ran through his mess of blonde hair. He buried his face in Erick's hip, hearing the older boy whisper, as though he was also drowsy from sleep, "I wasn't sure if I should have woken you when you fell asleep."

" 'S fine, " he murmured, relaxing at how Erick's hands were so gentle in his hair. "What time is it?"

Erick glanced at his watch. "Nearly eight."

Scorpius groaned as he sat up, frigid December air biting at bits of his exposed skin. He noticed that the indigo robes he wore yesterday were in Erick's unoccupied hand. Scorpius pressed himself against Erick's side, welcoming the warmth that radiated off of him.

He sighed when Erick lifted his arm, draping it across Scorpius' shoulders. "You're more relaxed."

Scorpius was quiet for a moment before replying, "I guess so. I. . .I'm usually uptight, I guess. Then I get nervous. Then I start talking or---or. . ." or cry like a baby, he finished in the privacy of his mind.

"It's okay. It's just that you usually jump out of your skin when I touch you without warning."

Scorpius grinned. "You touched me a bit without warning last night."

Erick smirked as his cheeks warmed, a bit surprised by Scorpius' boldness. "You weren't that much different, Malfoy."

Scorpius looked down at his hands, frowning slightly. "I don't think being fourteen justifies it."

"I'm only sixteen, "

"Yeah, but, " Scorpius looked away, taking a breath. "It's like you've done this sort of thing before. Am I right?"

Erick shifted, bringing his knee up to rest his other arm on. "Scorp, I---"

"I just want to know, Erick, "

Erick looked away from him as he answered, "I---yeah, okay. Fine, I have before. Quite---quite a lot, actually. There, happy?" He wasn't sure why, but he had gotten a little angry at the last few words, making Scorpius flinch. He didn't apologize.

"I didn't mean to make you angry. I just---"

"It doesn't even matter, " said Erick quickly, brushing the topic aside. "Are you going home for the break later?"

"Yeah, " Scorpius replied. "Are you?"

Erick muttered, "I dunno."

"Well, why wouldn't you?"

"Why don't you want to tell your parents about me? Er, you and me?"

Scorpius stood quickly, shivering. "Because they don't need to know."

Erick stood as well, asking in an angry tone, "Why the hell not? It's not like they'll care if you're gay."

Scorpius said, "I'm not---I don't know if I am!"