VII

October began and Scorpius waited patiently atop the Astronomy Tower for Erick Weasley. However, one night, he grew frustrated, standing to leave. He put his hand out to push the door open when somebody else opened it, running into him. "Oh, Scorpius! Thank Merlin. Every time I tried coming up here, you were gone. I thought you had gotten angry."

Scorpius took a step back. "I was just about to leave."

Erick looked disappointed. "Oh, "

"B---But I can stay. Just a. . .bit longer."

Erick smiled slowly and Scorpius thought that his smile was like syrup; slow to drip into his oddly coloured eyes. It was as if he knew how much power it could hold and how he could use that smile to his advantage. "Thanks, "

Scorpius looked away as they sat down. But Scorpius could feel Erick's eyes on him. Cautiously, he looked over. "Why are you---?"

"Scorpius, " he said, his voice impossibly quiet.

"What?"

"Can I. . .are you. . .?"

"Am I what?" Scorpius asked, hyper-aware of how Erick was leaning closer. Instinctively, he pulled away, but Erick wasn't letting up. No, instead, he was just coming closer.

"Can I. . ."

Scorpius stood, his heart pounding loudly in his ears. Erick stood as well, his breath quick. Scorpius prayed that the light of the moon wasn't enough for Erick to see how red his face felt. "Erick, what are you doing?"

"Can I kiss you?" he asked finally, his eyes gleaming in the half-light. "Please."

Scorpius stopped. "What?" he blurted. "What the hell do you mean?"

Erick told him, "I. . .I dunno. I just, just want to. Are you. . .y'know."

"I---I don't know!"

Erick looked at him. Even though Scorpius couldn't quite see him, he knew that the redhead looked sad. His voice shook slightly as he said, "Because I thought it was just that I figured it all out, but. . .I guess I didn't. Not really."

Scorpius whispered, "I'm---I don't know."

Turning to look out upon the Forbidden Forests, Erick blinked quickly and Scorpius was quiet. Eventually, Erick whispered, "I wouldn't make you. Not in a million years. Even if you don't want to---to, y'know, I wouldn't make you."

He began to walk away and, as he neared the door, Scorpius cried, "Wait!" Erick stopped and Scorpius rushed towards him. "I've never kissed anyone."

Erick looked down at him.

"And---and I'm probably rubbish at it, anyway."

"I've been around the mickey before."

Scorpius asked him softly, "It won't hurt, will it?" He cringed when Erick chuckled. As soon as the question left his mouth, Scorpius knew that it had sounded silly.

Erick chuckled, "No, " he said, "not if you do it right."

Scorpius exhaled. "Okay, then, " he looked up at Erick, his heart pounding behind his ears. "Okay."

Erick looked down at him, half expecting the blonde boy to pull away again. He ran his tongue along his bottom lip, wetting it before leaning down close to Scorpius' face.

He grinned a bit when the younger boy sucked in a breath. Erick's hands moved along Scorpius' body; to his waist, to his neck and his face. Every time he touched the shorter boy, he would shut his eyes.

Driven mad by it, Erick pressed his lips to Scorpius'. It was a pleasant feeling, how Scorpius seemed to freeze. He was convinced he was dead, he wasn't breathing. This was a dream. Scorpius scorned himself for being stupid enough to believe this was real.

The feeling of Erick's lips was nice. Possibly, it was the nicest feeling in the world, having his lips against his own. When the redhead pulled away, Scorpius could finally breathe. But it took a long time for him to tear his eyes away from Erick's.

Erick, still holding Scorpius, said quietly, "I've been wanting to do that. For. . .a long time."

"How long?" asked Scorpius, his voice rising two octaves. He cleared his throat and repeated the question again.

"About a year, " confessed Erick, "but it wasn't as if I could say anything."

"Are you. . .?"

Erick smirked, devilishly handsome in the half-light. "As homosexual as you can imagine. Not a bit of girl spit on my lips, no sir."

Scorpius questioned, "You've been around?"

"Not in the way you think, " he replied, shaking his head. "I mean, not a lot."

Scorpius looked up at him, wanting Erick to kiss him again. But, instead, Erick gave him a soft peck on his forehead, saying, "I should let you go. It's late."

"Oh, okay."

Erick smiled and Scorpius' cheeks warmed. "Scorpius Malfoy, would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"I'm not sure if I have everything figured out."

"That's okay, " Erick told him. "You don't have to figure it all out."

Scorpius shifted his weight from leg to leg, something he did when he needed to move around a bit. "Does Albus know that you're. . ."

"You can say gay."

"Does he know?"

Erick nodded.

Scorpius bit his lip before saying, "I---I'm not sure if. . .you know. Is tokay if we keep it a secret for a bit? Just so that I can. . ."

Erick brushed a lock of the blonde's hair away from his forehead, whispering, "That's fine, Scorp. We can keep it a secret as long as you want."

"Thank you, " whispered Scorpius. He started when Erick pulled him into a hug. Scorpius made a soft humming sound when he caught a whiff of Erick's cologne. It smelled of something oaky and fresh---like a forest---but there was a salty undertone as if he had been to the ocean recently.

Erick buried his face in the spot between Scorpius' neck and shoulder, his lips brushing the soft, silky skin. The blonde boy smelled of vanilla and warm butter, as if he had bathed in the ingredients to make a cake. The scent was strong on his lower neck and Erick had to restrain himself from pressing his lips to it.

"Good night, " he told Scorpius, who repeated the phrase. He watched Scorpius leave, grinning when he turned back for a moment.

"You know, " Scorpius began hesitantly, "I've wanted to kiss you for a while too." And he left before Erick could say anything else. But Erick pinched his arm, convinced this was a dream.

Thank you for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote!