i.

Hey guys! So I decided to make a Yuzuru Hanyu fanfic because why not right?? I've been dreaming of becoming a figure skater but unfortunately, I'm not lucky enough to be financially supported by my parents. Idk but it has been like almost 10 years when I started watching figure skating competitions and I fell in love with the sport. Now I'm turning 21 in July and I hope it's not too late for me to start even just with the basics.

ANYWAY, I've been rambling. On to the story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd Person POV

7 years ago, 2010 World Junior Figure Skating Championships

The Hague, Netherlands

This is it. Her last season as a Junior. Next season she'll be able to compete in the Senior level together with the current greatest figure skaters of all time, especially Yuna Kim and Mao Asada.

She has been training for the whole year, worked her ass off during the whole season. This is not the time to be nervous. Not now. Not ever.

"Please welcome our last skater, Luna Saito of Canada"

The applause of the audience echoed through the whole stadium. Luna placed first during her short program and is the last skater right now for the free skate.

She closed her eyes, held hands with her coach and finally, set off to the middle of the rink before the 30-second mark ends. She wasn't nervous. To be honest, her heart is beating so fast because of excitement. She can feel it. This is gonna be a good day.

Her free skate music is Firebird by Igor Stravinsky, a piece of music befitting her personality; exciting, adventurous, outgoing.

Luna hit the first jump of her program, her mastered triple axel, as well as the spins, step sequence, and choreographic sequence. As the second half is about to start, she thought to herself, "I have to land all of them."

The second half of the program consists of all but one of her jumps, all being combination jumps and another planned 3A+3T combination. "There's no time to rest. Just wing it" she told herself. Her step sequence matches the climax of the music as she hit every beat and every note. Faster, and faster, she glides across the ice with a gorgeous ina bauer before doing her last jump, the 3A+3T.

With excitement as she finishes her combination spin, she shouted "YES!" that was seen by everyone. Indeed, Luna's performance was a masterpiece. Everyone in the audience gave her a standing ovation and it started raining lilies and tulips in the stadium. Of course, her favorite flowers.

She stood in the middle of it all. She never realized that throughout her 4-minute performance, she barely breathed. And that's what Luna liked, the rush. As she was skating back to her coach and go to the Kiss&Cry, she can feel her heart beating so fast, too fast, and it was getting harder to breathe. Her vision was hazy and her head is spinning. However, she held through and just shook her head.

Her coach, Coach Tracy, hugged her so tight as she handed Luna's sky blue blade guards.

"You did so well, Luna. You made me, your family, and your country so proud." Coach Tracy whispered as she hugged Luna at the Kiss&Cry waiting for her score.

Luna just smiled, she tried to at least as breathing was getting more difficult while waiting for her scores. She stared at herself in the monitor as they replayed her highlights in slow motion.

"This is where I'm supposed to be. No matter what other people say. This is my life. And I love it." she thought to herself.

"The scores please for Luna Saito of Canada. 170.46. Which makes her total score 253.51. A new world record for both the free skate score and combined total score!"