✔ | 2 - 𝑮𝒖𝒆𝒔𝒔 𝑰 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑩𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝑭𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅

𝐆𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐈 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

- - -
Wait a little longer
Then maybe you'll be ready now

Up All Night
~ Charlie Puth
- - -

"So you were born in Mystic Falls?"

The Caroline Forbes Inquisition has no effect on Stefan as he takes his eyes off Elena for one second to answer "Yes, and moved when I was still young" and then he swivels back to not-so-awkwardly stare at Elena.

The Mystic Grill bustles around them, the girls who weren't allowed to talk by Caroline walking by with thirsty stares. The boys, namely Tyler and Matt were trying not to send glares their way as they played pool.

Kat clears her throat, her eyes narrowed, as she asks "Parents?"

He's quiet for a minute as he murmurs "They, uh, passed away" Kat's heart stiffens at the way he says it. Not pity, but the prospect of sharing the common burden of losing parents. "I'm sorry..."

The other Gilbert twin tries to catch his attention as she leans forward "Any siblings?"

"None that I talk to" this makes Elena nod blindly and Kat frown. Who the heck talks to their siblings? She'd just demand or twist Jeremy's ear if she wants anything. Talk - no. Holler and throw a fit - absolutely.

"I live with my uncle" he shrugs it off, looking at Kat's face, misunderstanding her frown for doubt.

"Uncle Zach?"

"Uh, yea... You know him?"

"Yea... He used to drop by a few times" Zach Salvatore was one of the Council members. He was the one who gave the founding families their vervain. Don't know where he got it from, but he taught her how to grow the leaves after her parents died.