ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ - 𝑳𝒐𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑨𝒔𝒔

[Episode 33 - By the Light of the Moon - 1]

I concentrate on the candle on the table right beside the door of my house. 

"Incendia?" I mutter out, but nothing happens.

"Say it confidently, Incendia" Bonnie prompts, just saying the word.

"Okay...." I concentrate at the candle once again, "Incendia". The candle glows with a flame. I sigh in relief. I'm not totally powerless after all.

"Today's the full moon..." Bonnie starts.

"I know," I exhale.

"Maybe you should take some vervain huh? Stefan told me you get all your injuries back..."

"Can't," I study the incantation that Bonnie had written down, now in English (thank God) "I'm helping Tyler with Caroline tonight... Okay let's see"

"Phesmatos veras n-nos ex malom. Terra mora vantis quo incandis per vasa quo errum signos"

"You got it right" she cracks a small smile. She didn't have any help adapting to her magic, she's going to be there by her friend.

"Yeah?" I smile proudly. Keeping my hand on the door, I close my eyes as I chant "Phesmatos veras nos ex malom. Terra mora vantis quo incandis per vasa quo errum signos... Phasmatos veras nos ex malom. Terra mora vantis quo incandis per vasa quo errum signos..."

"And it's done..." Bonnie feels the magic at the threshold and we feel the strong buzz.

Just in time, Elena comes down with her car keys in hand 

"Where do you think you're going?" I suppress my smile and cross my arms with a mother-glare.

"Um, to see Stefan"

"You're lying" Bonnie calls her out with narrowed eyes. She's becoming too predictable. All martyrs are just that, predictable.

"No, I'm not" she tries to hobble past Jeremy, Bonnie and me.

"Really?" I scoff "Tell your face that..."

"Are you serious?" my twin rolls her eyes.

"She took the moonstone" Jeremy blurts out with a smirk fighting it's way up.

"We tested you, and you failed" Bonnie shrugs.

"Klaus killed Katherine's entire family" Elena murmurs "-just because she crossed him. I can't let that happen" 

"Fair enough" I shrug, Bonnie and I step aside from the door, with tilted heads. Elena's eyes widen with comical relief. 

She runs out, only to encounter an invisible wall stopping her going out and getting herself killed. She tries again, and fails again.

"What did you do?" she glares at Bonnie.

The witch shrugs, shrugging with a proud smirk "Nothing"

"But I," I speak up smugly "... on the other hand, just locked your ass in here"

▹▹▹

"You should really lock your door..." Damon Salvatore enters the Gilbert House with a smirk, only to see Elena glaring at him "Oh, come on, pouty. At least give her two points for ingenuity"

"Do you think this is funny?"

"Yes Elena" I roll my eyes while putting the wolfsbane carefully in a box "We all find hilarity in the lengths that I have to go to repeatedly save your life"