ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ - 𝑬𝒙𝒄𝒆𝒑𝒕 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑶𝒘𝒏

[Episode 40 - Klaus - 2]

"An apology"

"A what?" both the brothers narrow their eyes, as if checking their supernatural hearing.

"An apology" my voice booms out "-is all"

"Bu-" Stefan shakes his head with a glare "-he killed you! How can you go back from that!"

I sigh, gritting my teeth "He'll protect Elena, he always did, now, apologise"

Stefan takes a guilty breath, looking at Elijah in the eye "I'm sorry for the part that I played in your death. I was protecting Elena and Vivi... I will always protect them"

"I understand"

All eyes turn to Damon but he remains unmoving, reluctant to do his part.

"The sacrifice is going to happen, Damon" I state "Niklaus can be killed without anyone else dying and Elena can be saved. I told you I'd find another way. And I did"

"And you're trusting him?" he glares between us all.

I nod wordlessly, trying to understand his turmoil right now. Why is he so disturbed? Elena will be alive, Bonnie will be alive, Niklaus will be dead and everything will be fine. For a moment, my heart skips a beat when a horrifying thought comes to me - does he know about me?

No, my inner self answers, no one knows.

"You can all go to hell" he snarks, walking upstairs to his room. I sigh "He's angry with me right now. But he'll come around"

"Perhaps" Elijah says lowly, all the while looking at me looking at an angry Stefan.

▹▹▹

Assuring everyone - John, Jenna, Jeremy, Bonnie, and Elena that I'm okay and the deal is on, I find myself standing with Stefan down in the parlour. He sips from a bottle and I chuckle lightly "Have I led you to be a drunkard now?"

He doesn't speak, just takes another gulp from the bottle. I sigh "The problem's solved, what else do you want Ste-"

"I want you to not put yourself in places I can't protect you" he growls. I take a step back, frowning "Don't you trust me to take care of myself?"

"No" he glares back at me, walking off "I trust you with any life except yours, good night Vivi"

I will trust you with any life except your own

 The words from the past ring in my ears, making me gulp down on my spit. Maybe he does feel what you feel, I think. But knowing the days following me, and then ending with me, I have to steel myself back from the precipice.

This is just fate tempting me go to take it back.

And god damn me if I fall prey to it's allure.